chapter 4 | italy

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

"Get your ass up." Somebody threw a pillow at my face.

"Go away!" I whined and turned around as someone opened my curtains.

"We are going to be late. Sleep on the plane."

"Shut up!" I yelled. I was just trying to sleep in peace.

Someone started shaking me causing me to groan and start kicking the person. I opened my eyes and squeezed them shut due to all the light in my room. I rubbed my eyes and slowly opened my eyes.

"Xavier!" I screamed in excitement as I got up on my bed and lunged at him. I wrapped my hands around his neck and my legs around his torso. He securely picked me up with his hands around my waist.

"Missed me that much?" He asked.

"You have no idea." I pulled back and he set me on my bed. I was standing on the bed whereas he was beside the bed but still looked the same height as me. "I thought you would've come sooner. You can't leave me like that again, okay?" I put up my pinky finger and he laughed causing me to laugh.

He connected our pinky fingers together. "Promise."

"How was your trip?" I asked as I got off from the bed. I went into my massive bathroom that was white and marble. All, of course, interior designed by me. Xavier hopped on the counter as I started brushing my teeth.

"It was alright I got the information I needed and you can get back onto the missions." He told me.

"Finally, it's been a while." I nodded.

After brushing my teeth, I looked up to him to see him staring at me. I raised my eyebrows and he shook his head. "I just missed you."

"Yeah, you see if you would've called me like you said you would. That wouldn't have been the case." I joked.

"You know I couldn't."

"I know." I put my hands on his thighs and looked up to meet his burning gaze.

Xavier is my best friend. He's the most wonderful friend I could've asked for. He's been with me through the ups and downs. Never once did he leave me. If I ever needed anything, he would come immediately.

We had met through an accident. When I was working at the local coffee shop I accidentally spilled coffee all over his clothes and ever since we have been friends. Weird, but fits us perfectly.

Our friendship is the purest. Many people have mistaken us as a couple but we both know that isn't true. I mean I can't lie and say we didn't try to like each other in that way but we never could. He was still trying to find his true identity and I was still healing from my past relationship.

Although, we had met before the coffee incident. We had bumped into each other at the gala five years ago. I didn't think we would meet again but fate had other plans.

I can't help but be grateful for those plans. I met my best friend who I know wouldn't betray me. And, vice versa. His dark eyes complimenting his dark chocolate skin. His dreadlocks falling over his forehead and the small scar on his jawline.