Chapter 2

Lana practiced any chance she got, sometimes on stream but mostly off. She was trying really hard to get on a somewhat decent level of playing, and she knew that it would be hard to entertain a stream while focusing.

Her and Ingrid watched clip after clip of Sapnap, Punz, and Dream, they were really good which only made her more nervous. Dream especially seemed to put a lot of effort in, she was certain he was not going to enjoy playing with her if he was getting pissed at Sapnap's plays.

She had dealt with anxiety her entire life, late at night she would find herself awake on the bathroom floor, convinced she was dying. That was one of the biggest reasons she found streaming so appealing in the beginning. When she felt a panic attack coming on she would pull out her phone and press the little button on her app, then she would talk for hours upon hours, no matter the time.

"Lana!" Ingrid called from the living room, they were waving their phone frantically, "Dream literally tweeted your @"

Lana ran out of her room, almost tripping over the edge of her chair, "What??!!!" she frantically grabbed her phone off the charger, tapping open the twitter app.

There it was, the notification, it was real and she was already gaining followers rapidly.

"I knew at some point he'd have to acknowledge me but, I just, I-..." Lana knew that Dream had to know she existed, she was on his team, but it didn't feel real. She wasn't a fan, but he was like the biggest minecraft streamer, it was crazy to think that in just hours she'd actually have to talk to him.

She would have to talk to him in just hours...

Lana felt like she was going to throw up, "Ingrid, I can't do this, I'm happy with my regular viewers, how am I supposed to talk to some of the biggest streamers while in front of like 100,000 people, you know how many viewers they get!" She was starting to stutter, "I just can't do this, it's too much. Oh my god, what if they think I'm annoying or say I'm clout chasing? What if they think I'm flirting, that would be humiliating!"

"Lana, you're rambling, take a breath." Ingrid placed a gentle hand on Lana's back, it calmed her down, sorta.

In

Out

In

Out

Breath after breath until she felt like her heart rate had dropped down to a somewhat normal pace. "Sorry." She muttered, while Ingrid pulled her into a tight hug.

"It's okay, I get it, this is scary. Now let's reply to that tweet!"

The tweet, Lana had completely forgotten about it. She unlocked her phone once more, and stared at the post,

dreamwastaken

MCC tomorrow with @sapnap @punz and @lanaislame !!

"That's it? That's what I was freaking out about..." She suddenly felt embarrassed that Ingrid had to witness her meltdown, which didn't make sense because they'd seen Lana through a lot worse than that.

"I know right?!" Ingrid jokingly rolled their eyes, "Now reply please, and make it flirty!"

"How the fuck am I supposed to reply to a tweet like this and make it flirty?" Lana typed out a sentence before immediately erasing it. She didn't want to seem like she was clout chasing but she also wanted to seem chill and casual.

After a few minutes of going back and forth with Ingrid, the two of them finally landed on a response.

lanaislame

Can't wait to carry you all ;)

"See, that wasn't so hard" Ingrid nudged her.

"You were the one who kept telling me my replies were too casual, don't put this on me" Lana got up, and walked back to her room, ignoring the middle finger that Ingrid had just thrown up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun peeked into Lana's room, she pulled the covers over head, she really should start going to bed earlier.

Her phone buzzed, she must have forgotten to put it on do not disturb. She groggily typed out the passcode as her phone decided not to recognize her face this morning. She only had a few notifications, most of her apps had them turned off besides ones from the accounts she followed, which was why she was curious as to why she had a twitter dm, no one ever messaged her on that app.

She swiped through her folders and found the little blue app, tapping it open to see a dm from Dream.

dreamwastaken

Wanna practice before this afternoon?

lanaislame

Sure! Here's my discord

superlame#xxxx

dreamwastaken

You must really think you're lame lol

Sapnap and Punz are busy so it'll just be us 2 btw

lanaislame

Alright, no biggie. They probably

Don't need as much practice as I do

anyways lol

dreamwastaken

Yeah probably not

Alright I'll call you in 5?

lanaislame

sure

Did he actually just say that to her...? He must have watched some clips of her playing, god she hoped he realized that a lot of the time she was playing things up for her stream, sure she was bad but not as bad as chat liked her to be.

The 5 minutes went by painfully slow, Lana just sat by her computer, counting the seconds while she bit at her fingernails, her mom used to paint them so she would stop, but instead she'd chip off the paint and bite them anyways.

Then she heard it, the faint ringing of a discord call through her headphones that lay on her desk.

"Hello?" She answered quickly, but not too quickly so that he wouldn't think she'd been sitting there waiting for him.

"Hey." His voice sounded raspy, he must have just gotten out of bed.

"Were you wanting to just hop on the practice server?" Lana asked, it was clearly obvious that was where they'd be practicing, it was literally a practice server made for mcc, but she didn't want to assume, just in case.

"Yeah, haha, unless you've been practicing somewhere else." He chuckled under his breath.

"No, I just didn't know if you had some special world set up or something..." She dragged out the sentence, god, she just needed to shut up.

Lana pulled open minecraft and loaded up the world, she saw dream's character which immediately began running towards ace race.

"You seem decent enough on hole in the wall, but your ace race time needs some work, I can give you some pointers."

"Oh, okay, that would be nice."

They spent two hours going between the challenges, practicing them over and over until dream thought she had a decent understanding of what to do. He was patient enough with her, but she could tell he thought that she might dampen their chances at another win.

"I should probably get something to eat before it starts, you seem like you are doing a lot better though." Dream and Lana said their goodbyes before ending the call.

Lana released a breath she didn't realize she had been holding, this was gonna be fun.