My name is Luke

Type: fluff with a sprinkle of angst

Ship: Lobby

Fandom: JaTP

TW: underlying transphobia, I don't think there's anything else but if I missed something let me know in the comments

My name is Luke. Well, I wish it was. My name is actually Luna. It's what everyone calls me and it's on my birth certificate. But I don't want to be called Luna. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice name, but I'm not a girl. I don't want to be a girl. I'm in the all girls pe group, I use the girls bathroom, people use she/her pronouns when talking about me, but that's not what I want. I don't like it, it makes me uncomfortable. The only reason I haven't told anyone that I don't want to be a girl is because of my boyfriend, Bobby. He's straight, so if I was a boy, he wouldn't like me anymore. I love him a lot, and I want the best for him and I don't want to lose him, so if that means dealing with being a girl then so be it.

It was an average Monday, and school had just finished. I was making my way out of the school building to meet up with Reggie, my best friend who I always walk home with, when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I leaned backwards into Bobby as he said, "Heya babe, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine,"I replied, slinging my back over my shoulder and turning around to face him.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come back to mine? I just saw Reggie leave with Alex and he asked me to tell you that he won't walk back with you today." I smiled.

"Sure, I'd love to." The walk to Bobby's house was mainly silent, him just giving death stares to anyone who looked my way. He can get pretty overprotective at times. We arrived at his house just a few minutes later and he took me straight up to his bedroom, avoiding his parents.

"There's something I need to talk to you about, sweetheart,"he said, sitting on his bed and motioning for me to sit too. I listening, placing my bag down on the floor and sitting beside him. He took my hand and gently kissed it before continuing, "So, your mom called me earlier, just as I was leaving for school. She said she'd found a page from your diary that must've fallen out." My heart pounded, tears threatening to fall. "Love, do you want to be a boy?" As soon as those words left his mouth, I started crying, my hand clasped to my mouth. Bobby pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head. "It's okay if you do, you know. I don't mind."

"I... I didn't want to say anything in case you decided you didn't want to be with me anymore,"I whispered, barely able to talk.

"Hey, I love you for who you are, not your gender. Baby, if you decide you want to be a boy, I will support you through the whole thing." He gently tilted my chin so I was looking him in the eye. "I love you so much."

"I love you too,"I replied through sniffles.

"Is there another name you'd like me to use? Or what pronouns would you prefer?"he asked, stroking my cheek.

"Uhm, I'd prefer he/him pronouns if that's okay..."

"Yeah, of course, that's fine. What about a name? Do you want something more masculine?"

"Maybe... maybe Luke?"

"Okay Luke, we'll do that."

Now it's been a year. I've now (almost) transitioned. I sound more masculine, I look more masculine and all my friends use the correct name and pronouns. I'm still Luna at school, they say because it's my last year, there's no point in changing it (which is absolutely ridiculous), so I'm still a girl there. But it's okay, I'm nearly done with school and the people I actually care about do refer to me correctly. I mean, I'm surprised I managed to make it this far, being transgender in 1995 isn't that easy. Now, my band Sunset Curve are just about to perform at the Orpheum. Me, Alex and Reggie decided to get hotdogs before the show, but Bobby needed to go and sort something with his mom, so he passed. "-'cause tonight, everything changes..."

A/N:
Yes I'm alive

Question of the day:
Idfk, I've ran out of questions and nobody reads this anyway