~ 17 ~

It was the evening now and Alex had gotten  word that the three girls from town had already arrived but were taken up to their allocated bedrooms to settle down then get ready before coming back downstairs with the other girls for the opening ceremony of the contest.

It was a little difficult for the vehicles to drive into the palace grounds because of the media outside, who have been waiting there for hours now, just dying to get a statement or glimpse of the contestants, the royal family and the other important guests that were invited to witness the opening of the ceremony.

Pacing the length of the west hallway on the ground floor of the palace in one of his formal Royal wear, he pondered over those last three girls from the town. This was it. The contest was about to begin, it was a very peculiar thing now that it was finally about to be put into action but he couldn't help but wonder if Avery was in the group of three. He wanted to know who they were but Madam Eunice was very secretive and tight lipped about them.

 He wanted to know who they were but Madam Eunice was very secretive and tight lipped about them

"Can you stop pacing like that, you're making me nervous." Brianna said, watching her brother.

Coming to a stop, Alex gave her a incredulous look. "Why would you be nervous? And how long have you been standing there?"

Brianna merely shrugged her shoulders. "I just got here and I'm nervous for you."

"Your highnesses." Both Alex and Brianna looked behind them to see Terence. "Your parents have requested your presence in the throne room."

"Thank you Terence, we'll be right there." Alex replied and with a nod, the old butler carried on.

"Come on." Alex gestured to Brianna and they both made their way to the throne room.

A oval shaped room and the only room in the entire palace which had not changed at all. It still maintained its original dècor and interior design. Vanished dark panelled flooring, medieval paintings on the ceiling, portraits of the past royalties hanging on the walls, big decorative urns, a maroon carpet laid on the floor from the doorways up to the feet of the platform where the thrones sat, the thrones, golden embroidered curtains that hung behind them, etc., It was lit up and done up beautifully than it normally was specifically for this occasion.

Walking into the room, Alex saw his parents seated rightfully on their individual thrones and their royal advisers, members of the royal committee, church elders, the churches Pastors, a few of the Politicians who could make it, the Prime Minister and his wife, some of his aunties and uncles, and cousins all seated on the sides, creating arches on either sides of the thrones with of the butlers, maids and guards standing behind them and twenty chairs, ten set on each side of the aisle leading up to the thrones for the eligibles to sit on.

Acknowledging the people who were present with a polite a nod, Alex walked straight up to his parents then over to his throne beside his father and Brianna to her own throne, beside their mother.

The Florist And The Prince (ON HOLD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara