~ 39 ~

Avery's POV (2nd Part)

By the end of the day, Avery was exhausted, she didn't expect to feel that way but yet she did so straight after dinner, she excused herself from her friends walked out of the dinning hall and began walking down the hallway towards the staircase deep in thought about today's task. It was not that difficult per se but the due to the seriousness of it, it stressed her and she just wanted to rest, have a good night sleep to prepare herself for what tomorrow held for her and the others.

Suppressing a yawn behind her hand she turned the corner of the hallway to get to the staircase and jumped back in surprise when she unexpectedly came face to face with Prince Lucas.

"Prince Lucas," she gasped then gave a small bow. "My apologies."

"It's quite alright." He smiled, accompanied by a chuckle before his eyebrows came together in realisation. "Pardon my staring, you're.....Avery, right?"

"Yes your highness."

"How are you? After Friday's incident? I'm sorry, I should have asked sooner." He said sincerely.

Avery was taken back by this. She did not expect this and this was her first real conversation with Prince Alex cousin brother. "Oh, umm...that's alright. I'm fine, thank you for asking."

Without realisation, a couple of feet behind them around the bend of the hallway stood Raquel and Graciella who were carefully listening to Avery and Lucas taking.

"That's good to hear and I want to say that it gets easier but I would just be lying. They can be very brutal at times, the media and public." He told her honestly. "So just be strong and focus on what is in front of you. Drown out everything else that's irrelevant and you will get through just fine."

Avery was flabbergasted, did Prince Lucas just give her some advice, either way it was very thoughtful of him. The media and tabloids always made him look like a wild, playboy Prince but the young man that stood before her wasn't giving her that any of those vibes. It was the same with Prince Alex and including the Friday's incident, she now began to see that not everything on the news, newspapers, magazines and media platforms were facts.

"Thank you, your highness." She said in a softly, feeling warm inside. That was very nice of him to do that.

"You're welcome and you can call me Luke. Have a good night, Avery." Lucas smiled and walked away.

Standing frozen to the spot, Avery blinked a couple of times to make sure that she wasn't  dreaming then looked back and saw the Prince walking down the opposite hallway. That was something new. If someone had told her that for her summer break she would get to live in the Royal Palace of Terrigal and meet two of the handsome Princes, she would have laughed in their faces but here she really was.

A smile made its way back up to her face then she turned, and began walking up the staircase and a minute later both Raquel and Graciella walked around to watch her go up to their floor in agitation, wondering what was so special about her that seemed to draw both Prince Alex and Prince Lucas to her.

❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❦❧❦

Sorry for the very short chɑpter guys. My mind hɑs being blɑnk lɑtely, I've being lɑcking inspirɑtion ɑnd I just lost my three yeɑr old dog nɑmed Elsɑ.
😥💔