~ 8 ~

Dinner last night was very awkward for Alex, since his parents decided to throw him in the deep end. He knew most of the girls personally seeing that they were either politicians' daughters and businesspeople daughters but now that they were about to complete for his love made things more uncomfortable and weird for him to even look in their eyes and have a normal conversation with them like he use too, because he never saw them as anything but friends.

Straight after breakfast, he excused himself from the table and went out to the stables to see Hercules, who was been fed by one of the stable men.

"Your highness." The man bowed his head when he saw the Prince approaching him.

"Good morning Julian, I'll take over you may go."

With a nod, the man left Hercules stable and went over to another stable to feed the horse in there.

"Hey boy." Alex grinned at his horse and took a carrot from the basket of vegetables and fed it to him.

"Paul!" He heard one of the men call to another somewhere further down from Hercules stable.

"Yes, sir?"

"Prepare one of the roll-royces. The Queen wants to go down to Herrington and have you seen the Prince?"

 The Queen wants to go down to Herrington and have you seen the Prince?"

"Yes, he is with his horse." The man named Paul answered.

What now, Alex thought annoyingly whilst he stroked Hercules mane. A moment later, someone walked up behind him.

"Your highness."

He looked up to see one of the lands keeper "Yes?"

"Your mother wants to see you."

"Okay."

Leaving Hercules with a gentle pat on his side, Alex walked out of his horse's stable and locked it before making his way back up to the Palace where he found both his parents in his father's office.

"You wanted to see me?" He asked, walking over to both of them

"Yes. I want you to accompany me to Herrington." His mother nodded.