Chapter 67 The Urge

Leeland found his room with minimal effort. It was small but very cozy. He sighed, loosening the bowtie around his neck, remembering when Rylyn did it for him, a soft smile touching his face. He sighed; dinner was lovely, entertaining, and eye-opening, especially since he learned a few new things from the Witches.

He was happy that Mr. Kalson was alright, and Asha, too, seemed really kind. The Witches were much different from the Hunters that he had grown closer to in the last few days and weeks. Even Vidaldus was different, but Leeland could see the clear brotherly connection between him and Lexander... their sisters also. "So many hybrids... whoa." He muttered to himself, kicking off his shoes. A shower would be great right now. He thought, fixing his boots near the dresser. He observed the room, seeing folded towels at the end of the bed, neatly made for one.

Leeland removed his clothing, neatly folding them and also seeing the bag that Adam had brought along as well as a few new clothing items. He smiled, walking over to the chair near the window and running his hands over the soft fabric. He sighed, looking up to see the signs of a new moon.

He searched for something to sleep in and found some loose trousers and a plain black undershirt... hmm, "well, aren't I lucky." He told himself, walking towards the bathroom.

He was welcomed with a steaming hot bath as he in the door and smiled. He shed his clothes and carefully dipped his toe in, shivering from the contact before her fully immersed himself into the water. He sighed in pleasure, melting in hot water. “This was the life.”

His bath had been relaxing, the scented soaps were a lovely welcome, and he washed his hair, finally settling in the tub for a few minutes before he got sleepy.

Leeland quickly dried off and got dressed, using one of the lotions he had found on the dresser. "Urgh, such a day." He muttered, lifting his eyes, his heart clenched as he moved to hang up the towel. A searing heat rose in the middle of his chest, and his fangs grew out, eyes changing as he dropped the towel. Something came over Leeland. And he rushed from the room onto the small veranda, a sharp growl leaving his throat as his eyes found the faint green trail in the air. He growled again in a low breath, then pounced onto the railing and jumped off from the second floor.

Breaking branches and growling from his young ward woke Lexander from his half-slumber, where he was wrapped in the arms of his lover. He moved Adam's and off as he inhaled deeply and growled low, taking his trousers off the back of the vanity chair and jumping out the window, taking to the trees.

Vidaldus shot up from his bed, Kalson groaning next to him as his ears listened to the sound of branches cracking. Wicker, who had finally settled herself, twitched on his right thigh, making Vidaldus rub the smoky form of his familiar to settle her down. He sniffed the air, then grabbed his clothing and got dressed in a rush before shooting out the window after the sound, leaving his lover to sleep.

Leeland sprinted through the trees, jumping over fallen branches and fucking their overgrown bushes and trees as he followed the scent, the glow of green through the dark forest that was illuminated by the moon. His breathing was even, and his eyes hyper-focused on following.

The scent was getting more robust, and the burning in his chest only made his heart thump more and more, almost making his sense of hearing became deafening. It troubled him, making him groan as his pace slowed. His cheeks felt so hot, and his body said, "Urgh, why?" He slowed down to a jog, coming to a small opening. He helped when a dark figure appeared on the opposite side of him. The only thing he could make out were two burning green orbs right before the figure stepped into the light.

His jaw dropped, and the cool night air finally got him. He shivered just as Samson stepped into the moonlight.

"It's you," Samson said, meeting those soft golden eyes.