Part 1- Is Grandma Okay?

Genevieve's P.O.V

" Dad!" I said as I walked upfront, standing behind the register.

" Hey baby girl." Dad said as he put a suit into the bag, moving it to the ready for pickup side.

" Can you bring me back food? " I asked as I smiled at the entering customer.

" Sure. What do you want?"

" My usual from Starbucks and some fries from Mcdonalds please!" I smiled at him.

" I'll be back in an hour. Remember, if you want those jeans you've been begging for, you have to work hard for them. Call if you need anything." 

With that, as soon as he was out the door, I rolled my eyes. Little does he know, mom already bought them for me.

I started to hang up the suits, altering some and looking through receipts to see who was coming when so that I had everything ready.

The doorbell went off, someone had entered, I looked up, looking at this BEAUTIFUL Italian man, coming straight to me.

I pushed my hair behind my ear and walked to the register.

" Hi. How can I help you? " I smiled as he just looked at me.

"I'm needing to add a suit to my order, picking up in tomorrow." 

" Name?"

" Kohen Blackburn."

" Are the measurements we have here correct? I can stay late to finish this one if so." I said as I wrote down everything.

" Yes. " 

I processed his payment, ignoring how he purposely touched my hand as he signed the paper.

" Alright, " I looked at my watch," As soon as we close, I'll go back and start on it. See you in 2 days." I smiled as I turned around, putting the note where I would see it and remind myself to start.

Dads SO buying me 2 pairs. Apparently this guy is the biggest customer, dad always talks about someone with the Blackburn last name.

I helped a few more customers, dad dropped my food off but had to go take care of my grandma, which is why I was closing.

I locked the door, hated being here alone.

I got the suit out on the mannequin, altering everything. Comparing it to the other suit that he had paid for, yet didn't pick up today.

We close at 5, I finished the suit at 11pm.

I put it in the back, putting the piece of paper with his name on it, and putting them on the rack up front.

Dad had already promised my the jeans and now shoes for being such a big help.

I thanked the Lord, I parked my Jeep right by the back door. I quickly locked up, hopped in my car and locked my doors. 

It was only a 15 minute drive home. I pulled into the driveway, waiting to get out until the garage door closed behind me. Dad still wasn't home, grandma is starting to worry me.

" Sweetie! Glad you're home." Mom said as I walked in the door.

" I had to finish some orders." I yawned.

" Anyway I can ask you to work tomorrow? I need to go be with your dad." She gave me a soft smile.

" Sure. Is grandma going to be okay?"

" I really hope so sweetie. Go get ready for bed, the store opens at 10 AM tomorrow."

I nodded, walking upstairs. I grabbed some clothes and a towel, hoping into the shower.

I washed my dark hair, dry shampoo wasn't saving it anymore.

I then washed my body and shaved my legs. I got out, quickly lotion in my favorite Vanilla scent, brushing my hair, brushing my teeth, washing my face and crawling into bed.

Ah, the life of a working women.