Chapter Three

When hopes get low and you feel helpless, what better cure than to hang out with friends, right?

So Grian had gone out with Scar and Mumbo to the Nether. Perhaps not the smartest idea, but what could possibly happen? Worse case scenario Grian dies and loses all his items.

Right?

"GRIAN, MUMBO, PLEASE SAVE ME! OooooOhhh, I'm sorry pigs! I didn't mean to hit you, I swear!" Scar screamed in terror as he ran from the wild pack of zombified piglins that raced after him.

"Why did you hit it?" Grian asked, exasperated as he chased after the large group.

"I didn't mean to! My hand slipped!"

Grian and Mumbo were laughing at his pain.

The short winged blonde flapped his wings, soaring above the angry mobs and landing beside Scar.

"Wait up!" Mumbo yelled. Grian could hear his rocket as he flew up as well (with an elytra of course) and landed beside the two, beginning to run alongside them.

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention Scar's freaking elytra broke. Like, in the name of Queen Elizabeth's shiny crown, what had he been thinking?

"Guys, I have a stack of diamonds on me!" Scar said in a panic.

"You brought a stack of diamonds in the nether??"

"Scar! What were you thinking?"

Grian and Mumbo spoke simultaneously.

"Yes!" Scar let out a nervous laugh. "Please save me."

They ran up a mountain of netherrack, the warm atmosphere not helping their already warm skin from running. Grian could feel sweat bead up against his head then evaporate.

"Give me all your items," Grian ordered Scar in a rush. "You'll have to die but I'll have all your things."

"Okay," Scar agreed quickly.

The man really took off his armour first.

Then died because of a stray ghast before he could deliver the rest of his things.

Then all his things besides his armour fell straight off a cliff and into the lava.

Grian fell back in laughter, on the ground, where he proceeded to laugh his guts out.

"Scar!" Mumbo laughed as if he were there. "He- he took off his-" he couldn't finish his sentence.

Then, as Grian stood up and took out his sword to fight the ghast, the tip accidentally brushed up against one of the zombie brutes and caused a small little line of blood.

That was all it took for the whole group to turn on Grian, jaws gaping, their swords slashing toward him in furious anger.

"MUMBO!" Grian screeched, stumbling backward. The group was on him before you could say "well, put my tea in the microwave and call me silly!" His dark nethorite sword slashed and tore through zombie flesh as he tried to flap his wings. He could feel his hearts going down as the zombified piglins attacked.

A look of determination fell across his face. Grian's swipes became more calculated and damaging as he fought for his life, using his feet to push zombified piglins back and his sword to cut their heads off and make then dissapear in a rush of green dust.

His eyes gleamed. A few minutes passed. By the end of it the flesh of the enemies was resting in the ground in large piles.

Grian was gasping for breath. He looked over at Mumbo, who's eyes were wide in shock as well as- admiration?

"Grian, you just took on, like, thirty zombified piglins!" He exclaimed, smiling. "How did you do that?"

"I don't know," Grian admitted, an unsure smile crawling across his features. "Luck?" He guessed.

"Your eyes were weird. Like, glowing," Mumbo said.

Grian blinked. His mind immediately flashed to the weird nightmare he had had hours before, the word Watchers circling around his mind like a group of lazy vultures.

He shook his head. "Must have been the weird Nether light," he said. "It was just luck. I got lucky."

Mumbo didn't look so confident about that. He just shrugged in reply.

Grian felt his communicator buzz from his pocket, probably delivering messages Scar had sent into chat. Grian and Mumbo quickly gathered themselves and made their way back to the Nether portal, delivering Scar's things back to him. He looked pretty sad he had lost his diamonds but Grian and Mumbo both assured it was all completely his fault.

Who took diamonds into the Nether? And knowing you were Scar nonetheless.

Only one man and that was Scar himself. Well, Mumbo could probably manage to di that too.

Yet as Grian walked home he didn't feel any more happy than he had been when he first began to quest. Instead the looming fear of the Watchers hung over his head as well as Mumbo's words.

His eyes were glowing.

No, it had just been the Nether light.

Grian was in a desprate need of sleep, after all. Dark bags were gathering below his eyes. Mumbo had probably been hallucinating. He had been not-sleeping longer than Grian, after all, and was probably more disoriented.

Grian hoped on all things tea that was right.

The world shook. He looked up at the sky, where darkness was beginning to creep up, and at the large moon that was crawling upward. So much larger than normal.

He wanted to track it. Grian decided he would make an observatory tomorrow on Scar's and his mountaintop to look up at it.

Everything was fine. Nothing was wrong. Grian as just tired. It was probably Ren or Doc. They were doing experiments.

He flapped his wings, propelling his body upward. The gravity suddenly became weird and Grian felt himself moving much slower than usual before it went back to normal. He fell back to the ground, suddenly feeling sick to his stomach and not wanting to fly anymore.

He wanted to go back to his cave. The Midnight Alley, where the moon was hidden away, where he could escape into shops, where people weren't there.

He wanted to complete it. He needed to complete it. Grian would keep himself busy until this weird fear went away forever. It would be fine.

Everything would be fine.

__________

Angst pog? Ayo?

What do you think? Are you enjoying it? Bro it's moving so fast. We're only three chapters in. I have a problem with fast-paced writing.

Thanks for reading! It genuinely makes my day when someone votes or comments on my stories.

:)