I'm Dangerous, I'm Warning You

Lily sat at the table in her large, modern kitchen, sipping on her coffee slowly as she looked over some emails from her producer and Maya on her laptop, glancing over the file that contained the demo to the new track she had been working on.

The duet.

She glanced down at her phone, a small, naive, stupid part of her hoping to see a text from her former frontman, but alas, there was nothing.

It was a little after two, so he probably already had lunch with Gretchen. She wasn't sure how it went, and frankly, the radio silence terrified her.

Lily had thought a lot about the strong possibility that Johnny would go back to Gretchen. It made sense, Gretchen was the love of his life, he had been with her for so long, how could he not jump at the opportunity to be with her again?

Gretchen was perfect, she was smart, gorgeous, talented, stable, kind; she was so much better for the singer than Lily. Not that she thought Johnny deserved her, she was just a better option than the bassist.

Lily just needed to forget about this, forget about the beach house, and move on with her life. There was no point in being hung up on someone if they didn't feel the same way, or would drop her the second someone 'better' came along.

She was Lily mother fucking Mayflower! She didn't need that shit! She deserved better than that, and if he couldn't see that, he wasn't shit.

As she went on her mental feminist rant, someone began knocking at her door quickly, each one louder then the last, the sound hurried and urgent to Lily's ears before she finally stood up, and went to the door, glancing through the peephole when she froze.

Johnny stood at the other side of the door, glancing around as he waited for her to open the it.

Lily stared dumbly before she finally stepped back, and pulled the door open. "What are you doing here?" She asked, looking around warily for any paparazzi, just in case.

Johnny didn't reply, grabbing her waist and pulled her in for a passionate kiss, pouring every single ounce of affection he felt for the bassist.

Lily hesitated for only a second before she returned the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck, and stepped back to pull him into the entryway, Johnny kicking the door closed with his foot once he made it through the doorway.

She pulled back, resting her forehead against his. "I- what?" She finally stumbled out.

"I needed closure, I needed to figure out all the shit that had me confused, that's why I saw Gretchen, and you want to know what I realized?" Johnny panted, reaching up to brush a lock of hair behind Lily's ear.

"What?" She whispered, her heart pounding as she waited for him to speak.

"I fucking love you, so much." The singer declared, finally verbalizing what he had felt for her for so long.

Lily's breath caught in her throat, her heart studdering rapidly as she stared into Johnny's piercing blue eyes.

He loved her. He fucking loved her. Holy shit!

Lily surged forward, kissing him deeply as she slid her hands up to cup his face, holding him there as if he could dissapear at any moment, that she would suddenly wake up, and this was all but a dream.

"I love you." She whispered against his soft lips, trailing across his cheek. "I love you." She repeated, peppering his face with kisses until he chuckled, and pulled away, holding her face in his hands lovingly.

"Lily, this is probably a few years late, but I want you in my life forever, that cool with you?" Johnny said, tracing her cheekbones with the pads of his thumbs as he spoke, unable to hide the giddy smile at the fact that she returned his feelings.