Just Tonight, I Won't Leave

Lily stared back at him like a deer caught in headlights, opening and closing her mouth a few times, and looked around as if the answer to his inquiry was hidden in the bushes or the potted plants. "Elias said you knew about this." She said. Fuck. She knew the old fuck hadn't told Johnny.

'I'm going to kill him when I get back!' She thought to herself.

"About what?" He asked in frustration. Her hair was a different color than it had been at the hospital, now a warm copper that fell in messy waves. It looked good, the color suited her, if circumstances were different between them, he might've even complimented it.

"He said that you needed someone to stay with you, and he said that you knew about it and agreed to it because he only gave you two options and you didn't want to go to rehab..." Lily answered, swinging the bag in her hand slightly, nowhere to go since her uber was already gone. Damnit.

"Why the fuck would he tell you that?" The singer barked, spinning around on his heel to grab his phone from the living room, leaving the door open for Lily to walk in.

He grabbed the device and scrolled through his contacts until he found Elias. He hit call and listened to the dial tone until he got his voice message.

"Elias. Talk." His voice said.

"You mother fucker! Why the fuck would you do this? You fucking lied to me and to Lily! She shouldn't be here you selfish fuck! I swear to God, when I get ahold of you-"

Beeeeeppp.

"Damnit!" Johnny yelled, throwing his phone on the couch and started pacing in the living room, anger filling him.

"Listen, I had no idea all of that was bullshit- like ok, I didn't think you had willingly agreed to it, but I figured that he forced your hand! If I knew he was lying I wouldn't have come here." The bassist explained in a rush, unsure of what to do in that moment as Johnny stalked back and forth in front of the couch.

It wasn't that she was worried about him turning his anger on her, he may hate her, but he's not that type of person, he would never intentionally hurt her in any way. No matter what has happened between them, she still felt safe with him.

Johnny stopped and glared at Lily, he knew realistically that it wasn't her fault, Elias lied to her, but he was still pissed nevertheless.

"Why the fuck did you even agree to it?" He hissed, folding his arms over his chest.

Lily shrugged and looked anywhere except in his direction. "I owed Elias a favor and uh- like uh- I don't-"

"Just spit it the fuck out, Lily." Johnny snapped in annoyance, his mind screaming at him to calm down. It wasn't her fault.

"Finding you like that really fucked me up, ok? I didn't want you- I- I can't see you like that again, alright." Lily admitted finally, her breath shaky as she released it, still unable to look at the singer. He looked better, some of the color had returned to his face and while he still looked slightly ill and shaky, she had a feeling it was from the withdrawals rather than anything else.

Johnny bit the inside of his cheek. He tried not to think about the woman saving him, or what she had probably seen when she entered that bedroom. Fuck.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, he couldn't be too mad at her, could he. "Ok, yeah... sorry." He mumbled, now it appeared to be his turn to avoid eye contact.

Lily peaked up at him for a moment and just nodded. "S'ok." She shrugged, swatting her hair out of her face when it fell in her line of vision.

Johnny stared at the wall, his jaw flexing in that way it always did when he was stressed or frustrated before he sighed. "I'll uh- I'll call and see if they have a flight back to LA for today." He said, retrieving his phone to look it up.