Frozen

Lance's POV

We got the warning when we were going to do our daily log. I was terrified. Keith immediately checked to see weapons in range of firing.

There were none, we were safe.

But I still had a feeling something was wrong. I wanted to leave, just in case. But all of our work, it didn't matter if we kept our lives though. Keith told the log but then looked for out of range weapons, there was one. A freeze ray. It could freeze a planet for 10,000 years then the planet would melt and everything would carry in like nothing happened. They already had a set target away from us though so we were, or so we thought fine.

What we didn't know was that last minute they would change their target because the planet they were originally firing at exploded without warning. So they moved closer and in range of their planet.

Evoria was now their target. Why did the ship beep then? Because it knew the events were to happen, all in order, all on time. AI was a creepy thing.

So they both went out of the ship to the seaside like they had told the log, again forgetting to turn it off. Right before the ship was to beep and tell them they were a target now. But of course they missed it. He always had bad luck anyways so this was expected.

He watched as his paradise turned to ice while he kissed Keith.

A kiss to last 10,000 years. Or less...