Flowers of Spring

Keith's POV

Tears rolled down my face as I saw the stars rush past. A smile on my face.

I was free.
Finally free.
Free from hiding.
Free from the abusive Galran Empire.
Free from everything but peace... and Lance.

Lance. Even his name made me fill up with joy. His smell of burnt sugar and somehow the sea. And they went together. Reeeeeeally well. He held Lance tighter against him. He loved this boy. He loved him so much it hurt. Until now. Now loving him didn't have to hurt. He could hug him all day without worrying. He could maybe even one day have sex with the boy without worrying about... noises.
I quickly pushed away that thought and smelled in Lance's scent before falling into a deep sleep.

~ A time skip brought to you by "Road Work Ahead, YeAh I sUrE hOpE iT dOeS."~

He woke up with Lance's head on my chest sleeping soundly.
I looked at his beautiful freckles and Altean markings.
His brown hair with was different from his family as they all had white hair. But it just made him all more beautiful to me. I looked at his tan skin and defined features.
He was an angel.
I still wonder how I managed to grab his heart.

I heard beeping from the control panel and move from the floor where we had been sleeping. A few hours ago we had jumped a few galaxies over to this galaxy but we still had a couple hours to go before we landed and now it was then.
I had to land a fucking ship which I had no idea how to control.
So I went and woke up Lance.
He rushed over and landed the ship.
He gave me a kiss before skipping out onto the meadow and rolling around and smelling the flowers. It reminded me of spring.
Happiness, new beginnings and life. It was a perfect spring day.

With the love of my life

Quick Author Note: sorry if I switch between third person and Keith's POV... I'll get the hang of it soon!!