Prologue

Author's Pov

A young girl sighed heavily looking at her wristwatch trying to accelerate her pace to reach her house, soon the sight of a familiar place curled her lips into a blissful smile, home is really a home. Her only comfort place.

"Finally." She mumbled depleted. Stepping a foot inside her small bundle of peace her bright blue eyes met with the sight of her mother working in the kitchen. As per the woman's words 'her workplace.'

"Mom." She let out gaining the attention of the woman who was busy with prepare a palatable meal for her family and turned only to find her daughter stalking towards her. The aged woman grinned watching her exhausted daughter slumping on the stool.

"How was your last exam?" She inquired stirring the curry undoubtedly pulling a small smile over the young girl's face.

"It went well, thankfully. Now all I want to do is to rest the next two months without any care." Her mother playfully wiggled her head snorting in the process.

"Bella." A deep yet gentle voice disturbed their chat earning Bella's attention.

"My precious daughter. How was your exam?" Bella gave him a toothy smile instantly answering him through her expressions.

"It was good, dad. How was your meeting?" Her father took a seat at the dining table.

"It got delayed till evening." Bella nodded in acknowledgment before a tensed sigh escaped her lips.

Her father's weary look saddened her. He looked debilitated. The excessive work has drained his energy out but the workaholic man was still striving for more work, he hadn't slept properly for the past few weeks because of that damned tender he had been working on. She knew he was doing all this to provide better for them but at the end of the day he was a human, and she didn't want him to work till he get sick.

"Dad. How much more will you work? Please take some rest." She remarked wistfully, taking a seat beside him. Hearing gloominess evident in his daughter's tone, he forcibly pulled a small smile over his lips trying to assure her. Smoothly patting her head he vocalized.

"Don't worry, precious today I will take a lot of rest. Today's meeting will decide the future of my company that's why I don't want to leave any loopholes in my presentation. And you know I have faith." He whispered the last sentence like he was going to tell her the most prized secret.

"My company is definitely going to win this tender." He uttered proudly broadening his chest and earning a mild chuckle from his amused daughter.

"Sure you will but you better not skip your meal, old man." Her mother scolded the guilty man, approaching the duo. Ander shot an apologetic smile towards his wife who settled the dishes in front of the duo.

"I am sorry darling I promise you, tonight, we all will go to celebrate my success out for dinner, how is it?" He offered, making the girl smile as she nodded eagerly.

"That's a great idea! It's been a while since we went out." Her parents nodded before someone unwillingly startled the fragile girl.

"I am in too." Another joyful voice entered their ears only to find a girl jumping on a chair beside her frightened sister.

"Sarah how many times do I have to tell you to not appear like this," Bella said palming her throbbing chest and trying to ease up her racing heart, don't know why she was like this. But the smallest things scare her.

Her parents chortled shaking their heads finding her agitated expressions funny, while Sarah rounded her eyeballs in irritation at her sister's fearful look.