C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E

New Me ~ Ella Eyre

New Me ~ Ella Eyre

~P A R T Y~
"You never rest, do you Blaise?"

BLAISE WALTZES into the bar with her head held high. It's busy as usual; girls are dancing on the stage, the waitresses are being flirted with by the drunk patrons, and there's several couples making out aggressively in dark corners. But she doesn't pay attention to any of that and heads towards the back.

There's a long corridor lined with doors, each leading to a private room, and at the very end there's the meeting room. It's guarded by two, large, burly men but she doesn't even flinch at the sight of them. They both look down at her, looking like they're trying not to laugh at the sight of the small girl in front of them.

"I'm here to speak with Death," she says.

Both men turn to each other before turning back to her. After a beat of silence, they laugh. What is such a small girl doing here, of all places? And why would she want to talk to a man like Death?

Blaise rolls her eyes at their reaction. She's always seen as lesser because she's a girl, not to mention because she's small. But she's used to being underestimated now. She places a hand on her hips in a way that flashes her gun. Both guys pause in their laughter.

"Who're you, kid?" One asks.

She sighs. "Blaise Nightshade. But you might know me better as Blaise the Oneshot."

Their eyes widen in surprise. Her name is well-known around the area. Most people who hear it, however, think that it's a boy. One with a rugged appearance and tattoos, much like the rest of the Devil Serpents. Not the five-foot-two, doe-eyed girl that Blaise really is.

Both men straighten up and bow their heads slightly.

"Sorry about that, Oneshot. We'll get you in right away," the other apologizes.

They do a rhythmic knock on the door and wait.

"The fuck is it now?" A gruff voice grumbles.

Blaise smirks. Still the same.

"We have a Blaise the Oneshot out here wanting to speak to you, sir."

There's another pause.

"Send her in."

Blaise nods to the two men and waits for them to open the door for her. She enters the office to see Death sitting there in all his glory, his arms crossed over his chest. Blaise waits for the door to close before turning to him.

Death is a scary-looking man, something you'd expect for the leader of a biker gang. He's got tattoos running all the way up to his neck, a clipped beard, piercing blue eyes, and a sick haircut that leaves half his head shaved and the other have flowing down to his ears. He's honestly quite the looker, but most women are too afraid to approach such a scary guy.