Chapter Three

[Confessions and Obsessions]

"This isn't what I wanted to say, but does Tae-hyung know about you and Youngmin?" 

I look over at him, eyebrows raised as I stare at him. His arms are crossed over his chest and his jaw is tight.

"Excuse me?" I scoff at him. I see his tongue poke against the inside of his cheek and he pushes himself off of the railing, stepping closer to my face. I press myself further as I feel his breath hit my face. 

"Cheat on your boyfriend all you want. It's your life. But could you make it less obvious?" He sounds genuinely pissed and I squeeze my eyebrows together, genuinely confused. 

"What are you talking about?"

"Youngmin was practically eye-fucking you out there! What do you mean what am I talking about?" I shove him away from me when raises his voice, my head turning to look inward at the party through the door.

"For starters, keep your voice down," My chest heaves, and I quickly calm myself. "You sound insane right now. I am genuinely confused, I don't have a boyfriend to cheat on."

He freezes, eyes boring into mine, "What?"

It all clicks in a moment. 

"I thought he told you. He said he told you," My voice is strained as I clench my teeth. Tears finally prick my eyes as I breathe heavily. "He told me he wanted to tell you guys. He said I couldn't. I thought- he said."

My gasps grow as my chest tightens and Jungkook ushers over to me, gently grabbing my forearms. He doesn't try to move me but lets me stay like this as I regain my composure. 

"I'm sorry, I just need a moment," My lips shake as I speak. I purse them and breathe in deeply, removing my hands from my eyes and wiping them in the process. I could feel the heat around them, not needing a mirror to tell me my eyes were puffy. 

"[N], take your time," Hyung's voice is quiet as I turn away from him. Leaning against the balcony railing before sliding down to sit. A brisk laugh escapes my mouth before I apologize again. 

"He didn't tell you? That we broke up, that is," I look up at him. He shakes his head as he takes a seat beside me. 

"I had no idea," Jungkook stares at me. "I-I mean, he never said anything. He stopped talking about you as much but- I'm an idiot, I'm so sorry."

I sit there for a moment, wondering just how much I should tell him. But first, I shake my head. 

"You didn't know," I laugh slightly at him. "I'm not the one you should be confronting about cheating, though."

Jungkook's head snaps toward me, eyes wide and hands spluttering about as he stumbles over words. 

"He never admitted it," I tell him. My hands fiddle with each other. "But he was always hiding his phone. And then, you know, those photos came out. He couldn't give me a straight explanation."

"Oh my god," Jungkook gasps slightly. I only nod in response. Honestly, I hadn't really talked about the situation in a while. Mini was the first person I told when I came home from the ordeal. I was a little tipsy then, too. 

That whole ordeal with Mini kind of... morphed into something else. We kept it pretty strict. No feelings involved. For the most part that is. It was a 'friends with benefits' situation. 

The others found out soon after. They had asked me if he was still coming over for dinner later that week and I caved. Spilled everything to them. 

I cough slightly, feeling tightness in my throat as I unbutton another button on my shirt. 

"Mini and I..." I trail off slightly. "It's just sex and stuff, honestly. But we're still really close."

I lock eyes with Jungkook, his face reddening slightly. His long black hair fell in front of his face as a gust of wind blew past us. I shivered slightly, the silk shirt not doing much to warm me. 

"We, uh. We should head inside," I nod at Jungkook's words. I let him stand first and he helps me up. We lock eyes for a moment once we stand. I can see them widening, something floating behind them that I shouldn't know. Yet, I want to. 

I glance back inside quickly, noticing the lack of people nearby and I look back at him. 

Do not. 

"Yeah-Yeah, inside," I turn swiftly from him, leaving him outside for a moment before he catches up. 

What is wrong with me? Was I seriously about to kiss him?

I roll my shoulders back as I walk, pausing to let Jungkook match my stride. We walk down the stairs, side by side. I lock eyes with Taehyung as we walk down, he glances away before me, fixing his tall collar on his white shirt. 

"Does no one else know?" I breathe to Jungkook as we reach the bottom. He shakes his head. 

So that's why Yoongi seemed so genuine. 

I plaster on a smile as we approach the table. Everyone is standing now, mingling with each other. I walk over to Mini, wrapping an arm around his shoulder as I lean into him. 

My lips gently brushing his ears, I murmur the latest update to him, "They don't know we broke up. He never told them."

He turns quickly toward me, eyes wide. I nod, a tight smile on my lips. 

"Was that what Jungkook wanted to tell you?" He asks. I curse quietly. 

"We didn't get that far. It was really cold out."

Yeah, and you needed to get away so you didn't kiss him. Jackass. 

He nods at my words and I straighten myself up. Namjoon walks over to us, offering a bottle of soju which I gratefully take. 

I need this

"We've been thinking," My hyung motions to the group as he speaks. "We should throw a party at our dorms for everyone. We haven't been as close as we'd like and we miss you guys. TXT, too."

I smile widely at him, glancing at Taehyung over his shoulder, "Yeah, we all really miss you guys, too. I still don't think we're adjusted to living separately."

Namjoon chuckles, his deep eyes crinkling with him, "Genuinely. I think Jin misses your help in the kitchen, too. How long has it been now?"

"Almost a year, I think," Youngmin-hyung pipes up from beside me, a giggle slipping from his lips as he does. I smile down at him, cheeks flushing as I do. 

I look back up at Namjoon, his face twisted slightly-no doubt confused at our affection. So, I do as any rational person does. I joke. 

"A party would be nice! But someone would have to supply the drinks," I smile at him. "Especially since V-Hyung and I haven't really spoken since the breakup."

His smile drops and his face falters for a moment. He tries to brush off the shock quickly and bites his lip as he formulates in his mind. 

"Right, yeah. How-um-how long has it been now? Such-such a shame, truly," He offers gentle condolences. I can see how his jaw tightens, not missing the anger he poorly tries to hide. 

"Three months," Mini speaks for me and I nod along. 

"I know he filled you guys in on it. I wouldn't want to but in at all in any way, but I do miss you all. So, I hope a party would be plausible," I smile warmly at him, squeezing Mini's shoulder as a thank you. Namjoon smiles tightly-he is certainly not an actor-and assures us he's planning something before excusing himself. 

Mini giggles beside me and I lock eyes with him, removing my arm from his shoulder. I raise an eyebrow as he continues to giggle. 

"That will certainly fester."

NOTE:

I have no words, I am so sorry I am late again, sincerely!! I tried posting on my phone once I realized but miss ma'am was literally missing all of my progress???? I actually remembered to set a reminder for next Monday it'll be one time