Chapter One

"Wait- wait! Oh, no-oh!" Mumbo's  laughter bounced through the air, and Grian fell into a fit of giggles himself, feeling nervous yet funny panic open out in him.

"Mumbo I'm sorry!" He exclaimed, watching the Wither blow up before chunking a large skull toward Grian. Grian dodged it and it hit the ground behind him, blowing a small hole in the surface.

The Wither rose up higher, spinning rapidly, and Grian rushed into the air with a bit of lag. He flapped his large light purple wings (that were connected to his body) and gripped his sword tight, taking a swing at the beast. "Mumbo, we need backup!" He yelled frantically.

So. You may be asking yourself, what in the Queen's name is going on here?

Honestly, Grian had no idea.

He had gotten into a glitch to be invisible to Mumbo on accident. Of course he took advantage of that; now there was a Wither raging free above Boatem.

Seems like a huge problem, right? That's because it was a huge problem.

"MUMBO!" Grian screeched as a skull hit his chest, blasting him backward before the blonde got ahold of himself and flapped his wings to regain control.

"I'm trying!"

Grian risked a glance down at Mumbo. He was desperately typing on his communicator- a small square device that held Chat, the power to leave the server, and the Server Information- his thumbs violently hitting the screen.

Grian typed out his own messages in mid air, also sending them into the Chat.

The Wither rose up a bit higher in the air, letting off its ugly screams that sounded like a cat on crack hurling up a hairball.

"Mumbo, are you even helping?!" Grian asked humorously, the bar on the Wither having barely gone down.

"Well, no, I don't want to kill it. Peace, love, and plants, dude," he laughed.

"There's actually a Wither loose in Boatem..." the voice came from above Grian. He looked up, spotting their neighbor.

"Cub! Help us!" He yelled up.

"Okay, okay," Cub was giving off exasperated laughs. "How did this even-" his voice got cut off as he flew too high in the air for Grian to hear him.

Grian flew toward the Wither again, his wings slicing through the air as he dove like a falcon. He swung his sword and hit the Wither's dark ribs, making it turn red for half a second and let out an angry scream. Grian flew away again, getting ready for another air strike.

He had always had his wings. Ever since he joined in Season Six they had been a part of him. His eyes were also a light violet, and his irises were a dark hue of purple.

Grian, like any other Hermit, couldn't remember his server before Hermitcraft. He always got a weird sick feeling in the pits of his stomach when he thought about it, though; it made him curious.

Him and Cub kept attacking, trying to minimize the damage the Wither caused. Mumbo flew around them uselessly, only laughing at their pain and screaming in terror if a skull hit him or came too close.

Eventually they defeated the Wither and said goodbye (and thanks) to Cub. Grian flew back to the ground, stumbling as he laughed, standing up straight and looking around. "It really isn't that bad," he admitted as Mumbo strolled up next to him. "Not as bad as I thought it would be, anyway."

"Did I just see a Wither bar?"

Grain swirled around, his eyes falling on Impulse. "Uhhh.... no. Nothing going on here," he chided, smiling nervously.

Impulse looked at the large crater in the ground where the Wither had first lifted off. It had torn a giant hole in his iron farm. "Uhh... where did that come from?" Impusle asked with an air of humor as he walked over to it.

"I don't know," Grian hummed. "Weird, isn't it? Odd thing's have been happening..."

That wasn't a lie. Over the past few days what seemed to be the ground flew up in the air a certain distance before dropping. The moon was also fairly large. Like, more than normal. Much more than normal. The world shook every now and then.

Grian had dedicated his life to be a Mooner. Well, perhaps not dedicated, as he didn't believe in the mumbo jumbo that Mumbo had been saying (pun intended). He just thought it was something to do.

Maybe not the smartest choice. He was getting really tired. As a Mooner you couldn't sleep and Grian had been taking the results harshly.

Impulse was laughing lightly. "So... this just appeared out of nowhere..."

A phantom suddenly laughed from above Grian and shoved him in the iron farm hole. Grian flapped his wings to slow his landing. Uh, yes, the phantom did indeed laugh. It was a side effect from the not-sleeping problem.

Mumbo got pushed in too.

"This wasn't important, right?" Grian asked, motioning to the farm.

"Yeah, I really wouldn't want to have caused a problem," Mumbo agreed.

"Uh, no, I already have all the iron I need," Impulse assured.

"Grian," Mumbo suddenly started, "isn't this the second farm you have destroyed of Impulse's? In the past few days?"

He wasn't wrong. It reminded Grian of that one meme: If I had a nickel for everytime I destroyed one of Impusle's farms by explosion, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

Grian giggled, rubbing his neck. "Be quiet," he playfully hissed, his voice sounding nervously strained on purpose.

Mumbo laughed loudly at him.

Then they (well, first waited for someone to sleep in the server and reset it to day) cleaned up all the holes that had been created by Grian's accidental prank. It honestly hadn't caused half as much damage as the dirty blonde had expected.

The world suddenly shook violently, throwing Grian to the ground after patching up a small crater. He pushed himself back up, wondering what was causing the world's violent tendencies.

Xisuma would fix it. He always fixed things up like this as the admin.

__________

Hello, writer here!

This book was inspired by Sara SP for creating an AMAZING animation on youtube called "Hermitcraft Season 8- As The World Caves In"

Link: https://youtu.be/RKmIPTibTeY

Keep in kind it was simply inspired by it. It's not like the entire story is entirely based off of it.

Yes, it is a Watcher story no matter how unoriginal that is, so look out for that. I'll try to add my own twist on things.

Have a great day Reader!

:)