Call of Corruption P.2

Start from the beginning

"Oh, hello" Taeko greeted, crawling upside down and shooting one web. He steadily descended upside-down and stopped near the same height as the hero. The first thing he noticed was the sharp teeth she had, reminding him of Hibiki.

"I heard we'd be running this mission with you, glad I caught you before things catch fire. Get it!" She said before breaking out into a soft chuckle. The flaming hero seemed to be around the same age as Taeko, if not then a few years older. "Moe Kamiji, they call me Burnin'! Cause... well... you can guess."

"Heh, I don't see why they would." Joked Taeko, shaking her hand feeling the difference in the warmth of her hand compared to the breeze. They both laughed at his quip, already forming a small bond. "Spider-Man."

"Hmmm," Burnin' said, placing a hand on her chin, squinting at the spider logo on his chest, and the web pattern on his suit. "Sorry, but that doesn't make sense." Kamiji smiled, reusing the same joke against him. "It's nice to see a newbie here too."

"Oh, you just joined the agency as well?" Taeko asked, assuming that she was a longtime member like everyone else.

Kamaji nodded as she looked back at the rest of the heroes, now calmer than before. "Came here after... after my old boss, Endeavor died," Kamaji softly answered, making Taeko look at her sympathetically. He wanted to offer something to say, but all he could muster was a usual apology. "All I want is that Jikshour bastard behind bars."

The death of Endeavor flooded the news like wildfire, almost everyone spoke about the fall of the flame hero. The public opinion was split after his son Shoto Todoroki released news about the abuse his family faced. While Taeko's opinions weren't the highest of Enji, his influence in his final years was inspirational.

There were always people that heroes supported and inspired, even the ones who weren't that gratifying. Countless people mourned his death and many more who grieved for their deceased friend.

"I'm sorry, I know what it's like losing someone to a villain. But, something tells me that'll happen today." Taeko replied, offering the best support he could from this new ally. Kamaji smiled as Taeko repeatedly glanced at the entrance of U.A. Kamiji could tell that something was on his mind, given that he held kept shifting.

"This your old school?" Asked Kamaji.

"Nah, but I've been here before when I was younger." Taeko shook his head. The days of watching Aeon's U.A sports festival filled the current sight, now picturing the old days with large crowds. This campus was always a part of his family's life, not his. "I am curious to see how much the inside has changed."

"Why don't you go inside? They aren't gonna stop you." Replied Kamiji, believing that Taeko thought he was forbidden to enter by the other heroes.

"Would you believe me if I said I had beef with one of the heroes inside?" Taeko asked, putting his strained relationship with Aeon lightly. Kamiji gasped at his answer, while Taeko bobbed his head. "Yeahhh, not sure if going in right now is the be-"

Before he could finish, multiple heroes ran outside with sheer panic on their faces. Taeko and Kamiji looked around confused as everyone started loading in their personal cars and leaving. Nothing wanted him of nearby danger, but they both knew something was amiss.

"What's happening?" Taeko asked, flipping over to land on the grass. Kamiji placed a hand on her earpiece, speechless and aghast by what she was hearing. "THEY'RE GOING AFTER THE CENTRAL PLAZA!" She shouted, powering up the flames around her body.

A surge of shock and adrenaline crashed into Taeko's mind, registering what he just heard. "That's twenty-one miles, I can make it if I swing fast!" He got ready to bolt out of the area, aiming his wrist at the tree above. If the villains had already made it to the plaza, then too many lives to count were at risk.