Chapter 19🌿

Marcus's POV:

When the door won't open I immediately feel myself heating up. Regret creeps up and through my body as my eyes go wide. I turn to face Y/N who has a hand over her mouth.

"Shit. I forgot to-"

Y/N interrupts me, "it's okay. We can find a way to get out."

Y/N starts frantically looking around for some sort of hope but not long after slowly slumps back onto the floor, gripping her hair tightly in her hands. I rush to her and pull her into a hug. I feel her arms wrapping around my torso and she leans her head in my chest. She's then crying.

Y/N's POV:

I gently pull away from Marcus and he wipes my eyes with his thumb.

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't cry," he whispers, "it will be okay, love."

I'm struggling to breathe and I grip his hand. We move over to the baby and Marcus lifts the lid ip from the box. He gently starts removing the oxygen mask from the baby's face; I put a hand out to stop him. He then looks at my sympathetically.

"Y/N, take it."

"I don't need it yet," I say, slowing my breathing. I heard relaxing yourself can give you longer when running out of air.

Marcus takes a breath from it then puts it back on the baby. He's panicking as he does so.

"Marcus, relax yourself," I gasp, tilting my head back and breathing in.

"I- can't."

He's losing consciousness. I take the oxygen mask and place it over his mouth.

"Breathe, Marcus," I sob. I'm losing air now too.

After he's taken a breath I put it to my own mouth for the first time and then back to the baby. Marcus's slowly lies down and that's when his eyes close.

"No!" I yell, trying to shake him awake, "Marcus! You have to-" I start to feel dizzy from the lack of air and finally everything goes black.