40 ~ [Never Letting You Go]

Start from the beginning

"Do you remember? Once I said I'll give you a gift the very day you graduate?" He enquired me. I blinked my eyes. I remember but I couldn't say anything at this moment.

****Flashback****

"Aze" I called his name and he hummed in response, working in his laptop.

"What is this?" I traced the small beautiful elegant box with my fingers. The box itself looked too beautiful that I wondered what was inside and the curiosity kept on building with every second. The box is small but not that small too presumably the size of a lunch box.

"Something that belongs to you" He said as he saw it the box in my hand from the corner of his eyes. "Belongs to me? I never had something like this before I guess" I looked at the box again. No it wasn't mine though.

"Why isn't it opening?" I tried to open it again. I already tried to open it a few times before too.
"Come here" he instructed and I made my way to him. He set the laptop aside and pulled me in his lap.

"This box has a timer" he smiled. "Timer? What kind of timer?" I asked confused. "How can a box have timer?"

"This box will open exactly after 3 years from now" he caressed my hair gently. "Why 3 years? What's after 3 years?" I enquired again. Never thought this kinda box existed. Most probably he customised it for something really special.

"Because after 3 years, you'll be graduated and I'll give this to you as a graduation gift" he said and I was kinda stunned at this. "Why not now? What's so special about it?" I asked looking at the box again. "Indeed it's really special. I believe this would change both of our lives" he replied. "What? But-" he cut me off pressing his lips against mine. "No more questions, Amore" his voice so delicate and soft as he whispered between the kiss and deepened our kiss by entangling his fingered in my hair, pulling me even closer.

****Flashback end****

"Hmm how would you remember anyway" he said again breaking the silence. I remembered. I remember every single thing but I didn't speak. Maybe I just didn't want to or maybe my mind was somewhere else. "I keep my words. So even if that gift isn't relevant anymore. I have another one for you" he said again making me raise my eyebrows in confusion. What gift is he going to give me? And my most curious heart still wanted to know what was there in that beautiful mystifying box.

"Savour your last days in New York" whispering that in my ear he backed away from me. Slipping his hands back to his pocket and turning over, leaving through the exit. It didn't make sense to me. Nothing did. Whatever he said to me nothing got inside my head. Last days in New York? Why last days? What did this certainly mean? Am I going to die or something? Did this mean he just threatened my life?

I watched him leaving, my face appalled. Placing my hands over my face I tried to relax. My head is literally spinning now. I grabbed my purse and rushed out of the washroom.

I didn't look for anyone. I didn't mention to anyone I'm leaving. Without a word to anyone I left from there. Maybe not in a great mood to deal with anyone else. Wanting some time alone.

I called a cab and went to home directly.

Stripping off my dress, I stood under the warm water flowing down my head. After a pleasuring shower, I run down my hands over my hair to drip off the excess water.