Chapter Twenty-three : OH COME ON!

Start from the beginning

I must have passed out. Wherever I was was peaceful except for a distant part of my brain registered the loud growls and yips coming from somewhere. It sounded like a pack of wolves fighting or hunting.

"Fel...felix...."

Someone was calling me but I didn't want to wake up. I didn't want to hurt.

"Felix! FELIX! Baby wake up. Come on, Felix, wake up!" A familiar voice called to me but it sounded sort of far away, or maybe like I was under water? I don't know but they were disturbing my peace.

"Daddy!" someone called and I felt instantly alert. Daddy? Michael? That's right, I had to get to Michael. I had to save Michael.

"Ughhh" I groaned, rolling over onto my side and my stomach heaved, sending vomit spewing onto the ground.

"OH COME ON!" I croak, squeezing my eyes shut. the stomach acid burned my throat which was already raw from screaming at the jackass that had attacked me.

"Daddy!" 

"Felix!"

The two familiar voices called at the same time and I felt A hand rubbing circles on my back. 

I spit the remaining bile out onto the ground, groaning as my stomach continued to churn.

"You shouldn't move so much. The shot I gave you to help with the pain while I stopped the bleeding is probably what is making you sick but I just got the bleeding to slow. I would rather you not lose any more blood until I can get you back to the pack house and set up a transfusion." Someone said next to me and I opened my eyes to see an older gentleman with friendly brown eyes kneeling next to me, working on my leg.

My eyes shot from him to my other side and I flinched away unconsciously.

Isaac knelt at my side and gave me a sad look before asking, "How do you feel?"

Looking in his eyes made the pain come flooding back and I blinked back the tears and glared at him instead, not wanting to let on how upset I was.

"Like Fido used me as a chew toy." I replied tiredly then ignored him and looked over to my son, "You okay baby boy?"

"I is okay Daddy but you're hurt! Is you otay Daddy?" He asked, his bottom lip wobbling a little like he was trying not to cry. I noticed he had a bandage on his face as well as a couple of superficial scratches but nothing that look permanent or life threatening. I on the other hand felt like there was a heart attack in my immanent future.

My heart was trying to jackhammer out of my chest from having Isaac so close and my leg felt like mince meat but other than that it was just minor soreness. I didn't want to tell Michael that though.

"I'm fine baby, it doesn't hurt too bad. You're being so brave Michael I'm proud of you." I assured him.

I hear steps approaching quickly and I looked over to see a half naked Jessie jogging over. He met my eyes and looked worried and guilty. He stopped a couple feet away and rubbed his arm nervously while giving me a shy smile. That when it clicked.

NO FUCKING WAY MY BEST FRIEND IS A FREAKING WOLF! Oh he's so dead for this!

I glared at him and he took a nervous step back as if he thought I could hurt him then I noticed he wasn't looking at me. Instead he was looking next to me and I followed his eyes to Isaac, who was still next to me but was now glaring at Jessie.

"You have some explaining to do Mr.!" I snapped then turned my glare on Isaac, "Turn your glare somewhere else before I Castrate you!"

It was an empty threat and Isaac knew it but he still flinched and did as I said before backing off a few feet out of my immediate reach. Honestly I had no idea where the threat even came from.

"We are done here, is it safe to move him?" Jessie asked the man who had been stitching and cleaning my wound with what looked like a well stocked first aid kit.

The man nodded and replied, "As long as you're gentle and try not to move his leg too much. He's still got some minor bleeding and he's already lost too much blood. We are lucky he didn't sever an artery or there would have been no hope."

"Thanks doc." He said, relieved then waved over two more half dressed men with what looked like a stretcher. That's when I also noticed a van and I assumed they meant to transport me using it.

"I can get him." Isaac protested, moving closer but Jessie moved, quickly blocking him.

"No offence, Alpha Isaac but I don't think Felix wants to be near you right now, or ever for that matter." Jessie growled, "We will transport him to the pack infirmary. you still need to go check in with my Alpha and get permission to be on this territory."

He said no offence but I get the feeling the Jessie meant that to be very offensive. I almost flinched at the pain in Isaac's eyes when he looked down at me and I looked away, not sure what to say. Part of me wanted him and part of me wanted to get as far away from him as was physically possible. I don't think my heart could handle any more shit at the moment. I felt safer with him here. More calm but also on edge, like either he or I would snap at any moment and we would bother be hurt in the end.

"Fine." he growled and stalked away followed by a familiar sandy colored wolf.

"Alright guys lets move him." Jessies said and doc began instructing them on how to best move me without causing more pain or damage. I did my best not to yell as the jostled me about. Let it be known the male wolves aren't the more gentle or graceful creatures, even in human form.

Soon I was settled in the van and Jessie climbed in beside me with Michael in his arms. The van door was closed and I felt it when we started moving. This really had been a shit day.

Then something occurred to me that I hadn't thought to ask, "Jessie, what happened? I kind of passed out there for a minute. What did I miss?"

"OH uh, the rogue called for backup so we had to uh, take care of them." He replied while glancing down at Michael then back at me.

"Oh." I replied with a slight nod to show I understood.

The man was dead. His companions were dead. But that did not mean we were safe. I'm sure there were more where they came from and I knew Zack. He wouldn't give up. All I could do was pray I  would be completely healed before he tried again.

"Thanks, Jessie. You know, for saving me." I said with a sleepy smile, feeling the exhaustion setting in.

"Any time, Buddy." He replied and smiled at me with mischief sparkling in his eyes.

AUTHORS NOTE:

We are getting really close to the end of this book. I think I'm done writing for today My head hurts and I'm trying to grap what happens next emotionally. Y'all better not kill me. Love Ya! AND FOR THOSE WHO READ THE ORIGINAL VERSION DONT YOU DARE SPOIL IT!

ENA~