7

CREDIT: @/nono13cucu on Twitter 

* M/N: Mothers name

"You know I would never hurt you right? I care too much about you." Ran said whispering the last part in hopes you didn't hear.

"What does that mean?" You questioned.

"Hmm? What does what mean?" 

"You know exactly what I mean. 'I care too much about you' whats that supposed to mean?" You repeated.

"Its nothing, don't worry about it." He spoke panicked.

"Ran, I'll leave and the only time you'll see me is if we pass by each other in the streets." You spoke seriously.

"Ugh fine. I care about you, there happy?"

"Well I'm glad you said it more clearly but you didn't answer the question. The question was what does that mean? Come on, help your friend out." You said emphasizing the word friend.

"I like you, okay?" He said annoyed. "But I don't want to like you."

And just like that your heart seemingly shattered. 

"Why? Did I do something wrong?" You asked trying to sound unbothered but your voice quivered.

"No, no no no." He panicked standing up and crouching in front of you. "You didn't do anything wrong, come on (Y/N) please don't cry." But you couldn't help it as a small tear ran down your cheek.

He wiped the tear drop away with his thumb.

"I don't want to like you because what you saw here, is nothing compared to what my brother and I have actually done to people." He spoke truthfully. "I'm not trying to scare you believe me, but its the truth, neither me nor Rindou are 'good people'. You're too nice to get tied up with someone like me." He continued.

Everything he was saying seemed to go in one ear and out the other. You understood to a point of what he was saying but you almost didn't care. Guess you really did have feelings for him.

"I don't care." You squeaked out.

"I just d- what?" You hadn't even realized Ran was still talking.

"I don't care." You spoke more clearly this time.

"Don't care about what?" Ran asked confused at what you had blurted out.

"I don't care about the bad things you've done or will do. I don't care about how 'bad' of a person you are. Did it scare me at first? A little bit but if thats what you guys do, then I'll have to understand that right?" 

"Wait do you like me back?" Ran asked with an excited expression on his face.

You got a little shy so you smiled as you looked at your feet.

"Oh no, you can't say something like that then ignore my question." He chuckled.

"Fine, I guess I am saying I like you back." You smiled and looked back at the ground.

Ran shuffled closer to you and wrapped his arms around your body hugging you.

"I honestly never thought in a million years I'd hear you say that." He chuckled into your shoulder.

"So you finally said you like her, does that mean I can stop hearing you talk about her?" Rindou said as he walked up to you two.

"Wow, thanks little bro. You just threw me under the bus." Ran said standing up.