6

"(Y/N) I promise neither me nor my brother wants to hurt you. I simply want to have a little chat with you." He said coming close to your face.

"If you or your brother don't want to hurt me, why was I pulled into an alleyway with a hand over my mouth?"

"Judging from your reaction at the park, we didn't think you'd willingly speak to us." Ran's brother chimed in.

"I apologize for any panic we might've caused you (Y/N) but like I said, I really wanted to talk to you and I haven't seen you anywhere. It's like you've been avoiding me..." He hinted. "I simply want to know, why?"

Okay so he also knows you've been avoiding him. You don't care what he or his brother says, you're fully expecting to get a few bruises or cuts after this "talk".

"Fine, I'll talk to you but I don't want your brother holding me and if I want to leave let me leave." You said to Ran.

"Okay. Rindou let her go and leave us alone." Ran said. 

Rindou's hand came away from your face and let go of your waist. He walked away and stood by the end of the alley.

"First things first please let me apologize for Rindou, he can be a little rough around the edges." Ran explained.

You simply nodded in response.

"You were such a talker when I first met you, what happened?" Ran asked sitting on a plastic crate by some trash cans. "Theres a crate over there if you want to sit." He said pointing to the crate to your left.

You walked over to it sitting down staying silent.

"Its hard to have a conversation if one party doesn't talk." He pointed out. After a few more moments of silence he spoke up again. "Please (Y/N), you agreed to talk so please say something. What happened? I thought we were friends." He said almost pleading for you to speak.

"Honestly, I don't know what you want me to say." You spoke quietly. "Was that situation in the park what you meant?" You asked.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" He questioned tilting his head.

"A while back, when I had asked why you're nice and you responded that you weren't a nice person, that scene in the park, is that what you meant?" You asked looking at him.

He got quiet and just stared back at you with an almost sad expression. 'What did he have to be sad over?' You thought.

"Hello? Aren't both parties supposed to talk to have a conversation?" You asked.

Suddenly something on the ground became very interesting to him because he kept his head low before nodding his head.

"Yes? Yes to what? Both parties talking or you not being nice?" You asked getting a little annoyed.

"Yes to me not being a nice person." He responded keeping his head low.

"Whats so fascinating with the ground Ran?" 

"I'm embarrassed to look at you." He spoke lowly.

"Embarrassed? About what? Why are you embarrassed?"

"I know I said I wasn't nice but I never thought you'd actually witness what that meant." He said slightly picking his head up.

"And thats a problem why?"

Ran grew quiet once again as he dropped his head back down. You huffed standing up from the crate.

"Okay well if you're not gonna answer my questions then I'm wasting my time. You saying you weren't nice caught me off guard but I still wanted to be good friends Ran." You picked up your bag and went to walk away.

"Please, please don't leave (Y/N). I haven't seen you in weeks and I missed talking to you." Ran pleaded.

"I'm sorry Ran but like I said, I think I'm wasting my time here." You replied continuing to walk out of the alley.

You went to walk pass Rindou but he grabbed your wrist.

"I said if I wanted to leave to let me." You deadpanned.

"Listen just hear him out please. He isn't used to expressing how he feels so its a little difficult. I know I can't make you but please just hear him out." Rindou said letting go of your wrist.

"I'm sorry Rindou but I'm leaving." You continued to walk to the cafe.

     You stood outside the cafe and couldn't help but feel bad. You really did have maybe a small crush on Ran the first few times you guys were together. Were you really willing to throw out your feelings so quick? You looked down the street to see Rindou was already gone. You turned around and quickly jogged back down to the alley but both the boys were gone.

     You jogged into the alley and ran to the other side. In the somewhat far distance you could see the pair of them walking away, Ran's head hanging low. You picked up your speed from a jog to a run in attempt to catch up to them. You finally caught up to them and grabbed onto Ran's arm. He slightly jerked his arm away but once he realized who it was he stopped walking.

"(Y/N)?! What happened? Are you okay?" Ran asked panicked.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'll talk to you but I want a real conversation. I don't want you to get all quiet on me again, okay?" You asked catching your breath.

"Okay fine. Do you wanna go to the cafe?" He asked.

"No, I wanna go to the park." You stated.

     Ran gave a low chuckle before nodding his head. The three of you walked to the park in a comfortable silence. Once you reached the park you noticed Rindou stop by the benches.

"Are you not gonna come with us?" You asked.

"No, this is between you and my older brother. I'll just hang here." He said sitting down on one of the benches.

You nodded your head and continued to walk with Ran to the swings where you guys kinda first met.

"Okay so I'm gonna ask my question again, why were you embarrassed that I saw what happened?" You asked sitting on the swing.

Ran sat down on the swing beside yours. He stayed quiet for a moment or two before speaking.

"Its embarrassing that you saw me that upset. I know I said I wasn't nice but the worst I'd ever want you to see was me yelling or threatening someone. I never wanted you to see the violent side of what that meant." He explained.

"Okay, but if we were friends wouldn't I see that side anyway?" You questioned.

"Yeah but we would've been friends for a while before I let you see something like that, if I let you see that. I don't even think you considered us friends at that point when you saw what happened." He continued.

"Who were those kids? Why did you and your brother do that to them?"

"They were the same group of kids that would pick on you everyday. Rindou and I were looking around the park to find you since I hadn't seen you for a while, I wanted to make sure you were okay. We ran into them and when I asked if they had seen you they got smart. Rindou and I didn't really like that and then... yeah." He stopped since you basically knew the rest of the story.

"Why look for me though? I know you said to make sure I was okay but for what?"

"Hello dummy, you disappeared from my life for a few days. I even stopped by your school at lunch to see if I could catch you and I never found you. I panicked and thought the whole 'I'm not nice' comment scared you away or something." He spoke looking at you.

"Oh." Was all you could say in response to what he just said.

"My turn to ask you a few questions." Ran said. "Why did you run?" He asked.

"W-what?"

"That day in the park, if we were friends why did you run away from me?"

"I don't know. Maybe because you and your brother beat a group of kids to a bloody pulp and then when I got pointed out you just stared at me. I got scared, so I ran." You explained.

"You know I would never hurt you right? I care too much about you." Ran said whispering the last part in hopes you didn't hear.