•tape forty-four•

Zemo rubs his hands together as the four of us look over at the people in the party. Music is blaring, lights are flashing, and everyone is jumping and dancing around.

Sam changed again, this time with a brown leather jacket on. I called him Dally Winston and got a chuckle from him and a brow furrow from Bucky. Zemo took off his jacket to wear a turtleneck instead. Bucky changed into a blazer and a black T-shirt.

Sharon pointed me to her wardrobe and told me to wear whatever and that she just wanted it back by tomorrow morning. So I have a structured black top with a pair of black pants and a dark red leather jacket. I have the same platform boots that I had on earlier today.

The four of us linger by the bar before we all go our separate ways into the dance floor.

I meet a girl named Quinn, who I start dancing with. We get along instantly, which is sort of weird for me.

We dance with our shoulders together, laughing. Then we start dancing with her arms around my shoulders and my arms around her waist. We laugh into each others shoulders. Before I know it, her lips are on mine and we're laughing into our kisses.

"Okay, doll, that's enough."

Bucky grabs my arm and pulls me away from Quinn.

"You have a boyfriend?" she asks me.

I shake my head and point back at him. "No, just overprotective acquaintance!"

"Oh!" she says with a laugh. "I hope I'll see you later!"

I give her a thumbs up and keep walking with Bucky. "Why'd you do that?" I ask him as he leads me over to Sam and Zemo. "I was having fun."

"You were making out with her."

"Okay, and? If you knew how many girls I've actually made out with, you would lose your shit."

"Yeah, well," he says, "I don't want to know."

"He's jealous," Zemo tells me, nodding. "She was a beautiful girl. You would have made a wonderful couple."

"Thank you, Zemo," I say, then turn to Bucky and hit his chest. "See, Sarg? Be like Zemo."

"He activated the Winter Soldier on me."

"Okay, that was completely understandable," I say, then laugh at Bucky's expression. "I'm kidding," I deadpan. "Even Sam is letting me live my life. And he's the definition of over-protective best friend."

"She's right," Sam says.

Zemo turns to Bucky and whispers, "Sdelat khod uje." And I pretend I don't hear it.

"She's really pretty," Sam says to me. "Do you think she likes men too?"

I shake my head. "No, she told me that she hates men and would rather throw up than kiss one. Unless it's Johnny Depp. But she likes younger Johnny than now Johnny."

"Makes sense," he says, nodding.

"Hey, guys. I found him."

The four of us look over at Sharon.

"Here we go," Sam says.

Zemo walks around us and starts walking forward, then Sam follows him. I follow Sam, and Bucky follows me.

"Madripoor could give New York a run for its money," Sam says as we walk through metal cargo containers.

"They know how to party," Zemo says.

"With that bounty on your head, the longer your in Madripoor, the less likely you're ever leaving," Sharon says. We stop. "All right. He's in here. Container four-two-six-one. I'll keep an eye out while you guys talk to Nagel. But hurry, we're on borrowed time." She puts her hand out, so we all grab the earpieces and put them in our ears.