•tape fifteen•

About a year and a couple months later

"This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months," I hear Cap as I put my earpiece in and walk down the street towards a coffee shop, where I see Wanda and Nat sitting outside. "I don't want to loose him."

Sam scoffs. "If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us."

"How fucked up is his face?" I ask quietly, walking into the shop. I smile and order my coffee.

"Oh, how nice of you to finally join us," Cap says.

"Thought I should after leaving you guys high and dry for a while," I say quietly, in almost a whisper before grabbing my coffee and thanking the worker. I go outside and fix my sunglasses, sitting down at an empty table. "Did you think I would miss this? This man is numero uno on my shit list. Red underlined."

"Where the hell have you been?" Nat asks.

"Busy," I say. "My motorcycle can only go so far before I have to get on a plane."

Except for the past few weeks when I've been spending all my time looking for one person. Who, by the way, is incredibly hard to find, believe it or not.

"Sam, you see that garbage truck?" Cap asks. "Tag it."

"Give me X-ray," Sam says. "That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed."

"Of course he is," I mumble. "They always are."

"It's a battering ram," Nat says.

"Go now," Cap says.

"What?" Wanda asks.

"He's not hitting the police," Cap says. There's a long moment of silence. "Body armor. AR-15s. I make seven hostiles."

"I make five," Sam says.

I see Wanda get up and walk away, so I wait a moment before I do the same thing, going invisible when I'm sure that no one is looking.

"Sam," Wanda says as I keep walking towards the place where the garbage truck ran into.

"Four," Sam says as I walk in and towards them, becoming visible again. "Rumlow's on the third floor."

"Oh, I am so going to enjoy blowing this bitch's fucking head off," I say, shrugging off my coat that I definitely don't need. Instead, it shows my suit that I was wearing under it.

"Wanda, just like we practiced," Cap says as we all start to walk our separate ways.

"What about the gas?" she asks.

"Get it out."

I stay on the ground with Wanda and Sam while Wanda helps lift Cap up and through the glass to the third floor. Wanda gets a dust tornado rolling, making it taller and taller while Same and I shoot at the men that shoot at us. I make myself invisible so they can't see me while Same uses his wings as shields.

He turns around and clicks a few buttons on the device on his arm before the two groups of men blow up. I become visible again and nod. "Huh. Nice one."

"Rumlow has a biological weapon," Cap says.

"I'm on it," Nat says.

After some explosions, and the three of us sharing glances while looking around, Cap says, "Sam, he's in an AFV heading north."

Sam nods and gets his wings out, flying away. I glance around and find a motorbike. I get on it and start it up before driving it in the way I saw Sam fly.

"I've got four," Sam says. "They're splitting up."

"I got the two on the left," Nat says as I get there. She climbs over some cars as I skid the bike to a stop turn it off, running towards the ones on the right.

"I got right," I say.

"They ditched their gear," Cap says. "It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload."

I see an explosion go up the air, then hear shouting and someone falling through something.

Sam flies down in front of me and nods. He spins around, his wings deflecting the bullets that are shot at us. I go towards one of the guys shooting. He points his gun at me and pulls the trigger, but the gun clicks.

I grab his arm and flip him onto the ground, kicking my leg down on his arm. I hear a satisfying crack as he groans in pain and I kick him in the face to make him pass out. Sam hits the other guy with his wings, then searches his bag.

"He doesn't have it," Sam says. "I'm empty."

"Use your flyer jets, bird boy," I tell him.

"Oh, that's a good—Hey!" Sam says, glaring at me while I gesture for him to do it. He rolls his eyes before sending a flyer out of his backpack thing and towards where Nat is, fighting two other guys. I see him press a few controls, and hear a faint few shots.

"Payload secure," Nat says. "Thanks, Sam."

"Don't thank me," Sam says.

"I'm not thanking that thing."

"His name is Redwing."

"I can't believe you named it," I scoff.

"I'm not thanking him," Nat says again.

"He's cute. Go ahead, pet him," Sam says.

"Hey," I say, "you guys think Cap might want help?"

"Does he want help? No," Nat says. "Does he probably need it? Yes."

Sam and I nod to each other before we start speed walking towards the middle of wherever we are to get to Cap. When we get there, I see Rumlow on his knees with Cap in front of him, grabbing his torso armor.

"I think I look pretty good, all things considered," Rumlow says.

"Who's your buyer?" Cap asks.

"You know, he knew you," Rumlow says. "Your pal, your buddy, your Bucky."

Okay, this is the point where I would normally walk over to this bitch and slap him across the face for having Bucky's name in his mouth.

But Sam grabs my wrist to stop me.

"What did you say?" Cap asks, glaring down.

"He remembered you," Rumlow says. "I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender." Sam grabs my wrist again before I can take a step forward. "He wanted you to know something. He said to me, 'please tell Rogers, when you gotta go, you gotta go.'"

I furrow my brows. "What the fuck?"

"And you're coming with me."

Rumlow clicks a button at his side and starts screaming. Wanda grunts, using her powers to keep the fire on Rumlow only. She lifts him into the air, and he explodes.

"Sam, we need—we need Fire and Rescue on the south side of the building," Cap says.

"On it," Sam says, flying away.