•tape thirty-one•

"Five years ago, we lost," Cap says. "All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives, and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes."

"No pressure," I say as we all put our fists in the middle of our circle.

"Good luck," Cap says.

"He's pretty good at that," Rocket says as we all back away and get into our spots.

"Right?" Scott says.

"All right, you heard the man," Tony says. "Stroke those keys, Jolly Green."

"Trackers engaged," Bruce says.

"You promise to bring that back in once piece, right?" Rocket asks Clint, who has a mini space ship in his hand.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame."

Bruce takes his spot and hits a button on his wrist, making the machine around us beep.

"See you in a minute," Nat says with a smile before our masks go on, and we're all sucked in.

"All right, we all have our assignments," Cap says as we land in New York and our suits disappear to show our normal ones. Two stones uptown, one stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock."

Something thuds from outside the alley that we're in, making us turn and look at it. Hulk runs forward and picks up a car, starting to hit something with it repeatedly. He picks up and tire and throws it before jumping up and down on the upside down car. Then he runs away.

Bruce covers his face.

"Maybe smash a few things along the way," Cap tells him.

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever," Bruce says, ripping his shirt off as he walks out of the alley. He makes very quiet and fake roaring sounds, hitting a small dent into a taxi car with the smallest punch. He takes a motorcycle and tosses it to the side.

"That's pathetic," I say.

"All right, Cap, I got our scepter in the elevator," Tony says, "just passing the 80th floor."

"On it," Cap says from next to me, clicking the elevator button. "Head to the lobby."

"All right, I'll see you there."

"This was a bad idea to take me on this one," I say, cracking my knuckles.

"Why?"

"Because it's gonna take everything in my power to not kill these guys as soon as they're in my sight. Especially Rumlow. Fucking sadistic prick."

"Cherry Bomb, I love the energy, but quiet down," Tony says.

The elevator opens, so Cap and I walk inside. "Cap," Sitwell says as Cap clicks on an elevator button, "I thought you were coordinating a search and rescue."

I give Cap a look as he squeezes between Sitwell and me, making me stand next to Rumlow. I dig my nails into my palms.

"Change of plans," Cap says.

"And you have Redshot with you," Sitwell says.

Cap nods. "She's my right hand woman. Like a wingman."