Chapter 12

I woke up, alone, I sat up slowly, rubbing at my eyes,
I said" Sirius? Remus? James?" I slowly got out of the bed, shivering as the air hit me. I slowly walked to the door and peeked out," Pads?"

I walked down the stairs, arms wrapped around myself, I gulped,
I heard Mrs. Potter say" Is she still sleeping?"
James said" Yeah, just checked on her about 10 minutes ago. Sirius, will you please talk... we need to know what's happening in your head."
Sirius snarled" If you ask me that one more time, James, I swear..." I began backing away, then I tripped and fell onto the stairs, I yelped. Then I saw Sirius standing a few feet away, his hair was messy, and he had tear stains running down his face. He whispered" Princess..." Then he rushed to me, lifting me back up onto my feet," Are you all right? Did you hurt yourself?" I just hugged him, he sighed and hugged me back, he kissed my head." Are you hungry?" I nodded my head," Come eat, yeah?" He led me into the kitchen, I gulped, trying to hide from Mrs. Potter." You don't have to be afraid, princess. No one's gonna hurt you here. You missed dinner but I'm sure-"
Mrs. Potter said" I went to the shops earlier, got you some skirts, the boys seemed to know your size. But if you're not fond of skirts, I'm sure there's some of James' old pants laying about somewhere. And we've fixed you up a room, but by what I've heard, you'll all be piled up on James' bed. We have pumpkin juice, milk and water, which would you like?" I peeked out at her, she smiled at me, I looked up at Sirius,
I whispered" Is she like our mums?"

Sirius' POV
I looked at Ezra as she looked up at me with wide eyes,
She whispered" Is she like our mums?" I let out a shaky breathe,
I said" No, princess, she is way too amazing to be anything like our mums. Do you want some pumpkin juice?"
" My stomach hurts really bad... I'm scared I'll be sick." I kissed her head, and led her to Remus, who quickly sat her on his lap, she laid her head on his shoulder. I walked to Euphemia, James by my side,
I whispered" Her stomach really hurts her. I don't- Do we need to..." My breathing picked up, James put a hand on my shoulder.
James whispered" Let's just try to get some food in her, then we'll take a better look at those bruises and scratches. Lily will be here first thing in the morning to help further."
His mum whispered" She's a wee little thing, who would do such a thing to her?"
" A dark old git... who Sirius wants to murder." I shrugged as Euphemia gave me a stern look," Yeah... but no matter now, Sirius, we've got her now, right?"
I whispered" Yeah. She was sold to me. And the only bloody reason I'm not hunting down the bastard is because of her."
" Oh, I'm aware."
I heard Remus say" No, darling, just stay awake a little longer." I walked back over to them to see Ezra trying to doze off to sleep. Euphemia walked over with a bowl of porridge,
She said" This should settle on your stomach, dear." Remus nosed at Ezra's jaw, gaining her attention to the food in front of her. She began eating slowly, I rubbed her hair, then realizing it was still in a tight bun, I took it out, running my fingers through her hair.

Once she finished the bowl, Remus carried her to the couch, I sat next to her, arm around her shoulder as James and Remus sat in front of her. I gently pulled up the jumper, flinching as I saw her bruised and scratched skin.
She whispered" There's handprints on my arms..." I rolled up the sleeves of the jumper to see two big handprints imprinted onto her skin, right above her elbows. Then I noticed the blood on her knickers, tears welled in my eyes before I could stop them.
I said" Can James' mum heal you, princess? Would that be okay?" She quickly shook her head,
" No, no, no, no, no, no, no..."
" Shh, shh, shh, it's okay, it's okay, I'm not forcing you to do anything you don't want to. Shh, shh, shh." I kissed her head repeatedly, she calmed down, tears slid down her face.
James mumbled" Fuck this, if I get expelled then so be it." He pulled out his wand, Remus grabbed his wrist,
He whispered" It's too risky, James. Not getting expelled, but the spell near that area of her body. I don't want to hurt her further. Your mother has soothing creams, correct?"
" Yeah."
" Then we'll do this the non-wand way, yeah?"
" Yeah, okay."