Chapter 4

I woke up, still exhausted,
I heard Sirius said" Look, she's waking up." I opened my eyes," Hello there."
I said" Hi."
Remus said" How are you feeling, Ezra?"
" Not that bad." I sat up, whimpering from the pain,
Sirius said" Easy, Ezra." I nodded my head, he wrapped his arms around me and sat me up more." Ezra, you're really light..." I looked down, James kneeled in front of me, looking at me. He smiled softly, and rubbed my knee,
He said" Hey, do they feed you at home?"
I mumbled" Not a lot. They said I had to be pretty to be wed. That my only savior will be to wed a Slytherin and hope my children will continue the legacy. I'm fat, you see..." I pinched at my arm, Sirius took my hand,
" Sirius, is it really like that in dark households?"
Sirius said" Some of them, yes. You wouldn't believe the things I've seen, especially happening to little girls. You're as thin as bones, Ezra, you need to eat far more."
I said" But I'll get fat."
" No, you'll live past 13."
" I'm-I'm not 13 yet..."
" You're in 3rd year, yeah?"
" My birthday is the 1st."
" Of?"
" October."
" So, you're 12 years old... and you're lighter than a feather. I hate your parents." He paced the room, James stood up,
Remus said" Why don't you go get a change of clothes, Ezra?" I nodded and stood up, wobbling a bit, his hands grabbed my arms to steady me." You good?" I nodded, he slowly let go and I walked out of their dorm.

I changed my clothes, a girl in my dorm, Dorothy, walked in.
She said" You never came to bed, Snake." I looked down," What? Are you going to cry?" Tears slid down my face, she laughed and grabbed something from her bed and walked out." You're quite a pathetic Gryffindor, Hawksley." I gulped and walked out, walking down to the common room.

I sat by the fire, knees to my chest, staring at the flames,
Lily Evans said" Hey, my friends were looking for you yesterday." I blushed and tucked my face between my knees, she chuckled." Did they find you?"
I heard James say" Yeah, we found her. Are they possibly still serving breakfast?"
" Yeah, they are."
" Good. Come on, Ezra." I peeked up and saw he had his hand out for me to take, he smiled at me. I took his hand and he pulled me up," Let's go get some breakfast, yeah?" I nodded, he led me out of the common room.

Sirius' POV
Remus, Peter and I walked down the stairs,
Lily said" What has you four interested in a 3rd year?"
I said" She's adorable! She's our little mascot."
" Could like the real reason, Remus?" Remus shrugged, and we ran out," Boys! Remus! Sirius?! Peter!"

We got to the great hall, and found James trying to get Ezra to eat,
He said" Come on, just a few bites, yeah?" She shook her head, he pouted, exaggeratedly, she giggled," How about I take a bite and you take a bite?" I sat next to Ezra, Remus sat on the other side of her as Peter sat next to James across from us.
I said" Hello there, Ezra. Do you like fruit?" She nodded," Accio fruit bowl." The fruit bowl came to me, I put a couple strawberries on her plate," Do you like strawberries?" She nodded, staring at the fruit like she wanted to eat but couldn't get herself to." Your parents might be able to stop you at home, but the thing is, they aren't here. They won't know that you're eating anything, to their knowledge, you're eating when they're telling you to eat." She took a strawberry and began eating it, I smiled," They can't punish you here, you're safe here for the time being. We'll figure out the rest later."

Ezra's POV
I was eating a piece of toast, watching them talk to each other, they seemed really nice. But I know they're just doing this because I'm being hurt at home.
Sirius said" Stop thinking negative, Ezra." I looked to him," I know everything." I blushed," What're you thinking?"
I said" You lot don't have to be nice to me, I'm used to being hurt. It's okay."
" You think we're really being nice to you because you're being abused?" I nodded,
" What else reason would there be?"
" Oh, you seem like a good kid, for one. Uh, you can't judge us for anything we say or do, for two. Anything else, boys?"
James said" You draw amazingly, for three."
Remus said" You're sweet, for four."
Peter said" And you need someone to stick up for you, for five."
Sirius said" Who better than the most annoying group of 6th years you'll ever meet in your life. You're stuck with us whether you'd like it or not." I giggled, he smiled," And your giggle is quite cute, for six."
James said" And if anyone dares to give you a problem, you've now got four best friends who don't like when people mess with their friends."
I said" You really don't-"
Remus said" Shh, you're stuck with us, now. Sorry in advance." I giggled,
Peter said" Really, really sorry in advance."
Sirius said" Now go on, eat your toast." I blushed and began eating again.