Chapter 6

I was on James' back as he carried me through Zonko's, where Remus told him not to take me.
James said" If Remus ever finds out, you're going down with me, Ezra."
I said" Okay." I laid my head on his shoulder,
" I need firecrackers."
" Why?"
" Well..." I giggled," 6th year things."
" Pranks?"
" Yes. Don't tell Remus."
" He's the mastermind."
" Shh! I'm the leader." I giggled again, he chuckled," Eat your fudge flies." Then Sirius walked in, his eyes widened and his mouth gaped as he saw me with James.
Sirius said" I'm definitely telling Remus!"
" No!"
" Yes!"
" She goes down with me!"
" No!"
" Yes!" Then Remus came in, his eyebrow raised, staring at the two.
" I just walked in!" Sirius scurried out, I laughed,
James said" Hell."
Remus said" Do you ever listen to me?"
" Not really. And I couldn't leave her alone! And look at her face! She's eating her sweets!"
" I said not to bring her in here for a reason, James."
" Yeah, I know."
" Ezra, what's the reason?"
I said" Because I'm not fond of loud noises and Zonko's is the loudest shop in Hogsmeade and possibly the entire wizarding world."
" Why did James bring you in here?"
" He wanted to shop after I spent half an hour getting ink."
" Come on." I hopped down from James' back and walked to Remus," See ya later, James."
James said" Yeah, maybe." They both chuckled and Remus held my hand as we walked out.

Sirius walked up to us,
He said" Hello there, Ezra."
I said" Hi, Sirius." I ate another fudge fly, he groaned," Same concept as the chocolate frogs!"
" Its still a bug!"
" But it's made of fudge! You eat chocolate frogs all the time."
" Chocolate frogs eat fudge flies."
" Normal frogs eat fudge flies." He chuckled and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.
" Disgusting, Ezra." I giggled, he smiled and kissed my head,
Remus said" She always wins."
" I let her."
Remus and I said" No, you don't."
" Bloody hell."
———
I said" So Remus is a werewolf and you're all animagi?"
Remus said" Yes."
" Can I be an animagus?"
" No."
James, Sirius and Peter said" Yes."
" No." He stared at them,
" No..." Rolling their eyes and pouting, he sighed,
" You're too young. It's rough magic and illegal."
James said" We did it near her age!"
" You were in 4th year! And 14! She's only 12, James."
" True."
" It could mess up, and it could hurt her!"
" Yeah, you're right. Sorry, darling."
I said" Can I see your animagus?" Sirius changed into a huge black dog, I giggled and pet his ear. He barked, then turned back into human," Cool."
Remus said" So, you have no problem with me being a werewolf?" I smiled and hugged him, he laughed and hugged me, kissing my head.

I whimpered as I saw Lucius, Remus' arm wrapped around me,
He said" He can't hurt you."
I said" He has and he can." We stopped as Lucius stopped in front of us,
Lucius said" Mudblood."
" Pureblood... actually." He raised his wand, Remus raised his,
Remus said" Try me." Lucius stormed off, with a huff, I gulped as tears welled in my eyes." Shh, Ezra, it's all right. See? I've got you. Why are you always with us when we study? Don't you need to study yourself?"
" I study when you're all asleep."
" Properly, it'd take hours. How much sleep have you been getting?" I shut up quickly, realizing I've just tattled on myself." Ezra..." I looked down, beginning to get scared... even though, I know it's Remus, he'd never hurt me." Darling..." His voice was soft, he crouched down and looked up at me." How much sleep have you been getting, darling?"
" Only about an hour and a half. What's wrong with me, Remus? I can't sleep."
" Oh, nothing is wrong with you, Ezra." He sighed," You're not even 13 yet, and you've been through very traumatizing things. Sirius has trouble sleeping too, he just doesn't show it around you. How about instead of studying, we go back to the dorm and take a nap?"
" But you need to study and I do too, I can barely study at night, my thoughts get all jumbled. Maybe with someone else around, my thoughts will be focused."
" We'll study later, for now... You need some rest, okay?"
" Okay, Remus."

I was squirming around on Remus' bed as he tried to get me to settle, it seemed impossible.
He said" Settle, Ezra."
I said" I can't."
" Come on, come'er." He pulled me closer to him, cuddling me, I laid my head on his chest, closing my eyes." Just relax, all right? Keep your eyes shut..." I nodded my head, he started humming, I squirmed but he held me-