Chapter 5

We found Sirius down in Hogsmeade, he was gulping down a bottle, he stopped as he saw us.
He said" What?"
James said" Give us your wand, mate." He threw his wand to us, Remus caught it since James still had me in his arms.
" Is she okay?" James put me down, I nodded my head," You talk to them?"
" Yeah, I did. And I wanna kill 'em as much as you do."
" She's a fucking child! She's a little girl! And they're just gonna hand her over to an old gross git!"
" And maybe they're just trying to rile us up!"
" And if they're not?!"
" We won't let anything to her!"
" How?!"
" We'll be 17! We'll stop 'em our way. We'll hide her, we'll protect her. She's one of us now. We'll go into hiding for all I care, till she's 17!"
" Is she all right?"
" She's scared." I kept my head down, Sirius walked up and kneeled in front of me.
" Hello there, Ezra."
I said" You won't let anything happen to me, right?" He held my face gently, smiling softly at me.
" I won't let anything happen to you." He stood up," Come on, we need some sweets!" He grabbed my hand, leading me to Honeydukes,
Remus said" Guys, we could just go back to the castle."
" Nope! Come on, Moony!" He ruffled my hair, I smiled at him," What sweets do you like, Ezra?"
I said" I don't know... I like the fizzing whizzbees they sell on the trolley. Or cauldron cakes. Or any chocolate." They all chuckled, I blushed, looking down, smiling," I never get sweets unless from the trolley."
James said" Well, that's about to change! You can get whatever you want, yeah?"
" N-No, that's-"
" Not taking no for an answer, darling." I pouted,
Remus said" Pouting, no matter how adorable, won't help."
I mumbled" Fine." He smiled and they kept walking.

I was staring at everything, my mouth gaped, everything looked amazing!
Sirius said" Are we just going to have to get everything for you?" I nodded, he chuckled," Fine." He took my hand and led me with him as he began grabbing things.

We were in their dorm, eating the sweets they got, I yawned and laid down next to Sirius. I took another bite of cauldron cake, my eyes drifted shut as I swallowed, I sighed-

Sirius' POV
I looked to Ezra, I saw she was asleep, I smiled and took the half-eaten cauldron cake from her hand.
Lily said" They want her in an arranged marriage, it's cruel."
I said" It's what pureblood Slytherin, high mighty... assholes do."
" She's from a pureblood family?" She looked at me, shocked, I'd be shocked too honestly. Ezra doesn't even appear like she's from a dark pureblood family.
" Yeah, she is. She's an only child, though. And a girl."
" Is this what they do?"
" As I said, the assholes do."
" Is she hurt?" I saw Ezra's shirt riding up her stomach, I gently pulled it down," I mean, you mentioned she was hurt but that's wrapped."
Remus said" She is."
I said" She's being abused at home. Like I was."
Lily said" That's why you're so fond of her, she reminds you of yourself."
" Yeah... but I won't let her be me... Ever."
" What can you do, Sirius?"
" Anything I'm willing to do, Evans. Which is a lot."
" Sirius, you can't just-"
" Protect her from that hell? I can, and I will. When I turn 17, I'll-I'll figure it out, I'll buy her from them for all I care. I'll buy her marriage."
James said" But you're disgraced..."
" I'll go back if it means she's safe from some disgusting pureblood man. I'll beg my mother, I'll beg her parents." Ezra cuddled against my side, I rubbed back her hair." Who's with me?"
" You know I am."
Remus said" I am."
Peter said" Me too." We all looked at Lily,
She said" Obviously."
I said" Good!"
———
Ezra's POV
I was walking to my class, then I saw the students that usually tease me, I gulped and stopped walking. Then James' hand was on my back, he smiled at me and nudged me a bit with his hand.
He said" I can be late, come on. Potions, right?"
I said" Yes."
" Okay, come on." We began walking, he kissed my head as we passed the group, I smiled.

We got to the potions room,
He said" There we go. See you at lunch, if you aren't in the great hall in 10 minutes, we're coming after you. And, uh, Sirius and I know our fair share of hexes."
I said" Can Remus take your wands?"
" Nope." He laughed and ran off, I shook my head and walked into potions, I definitely like them.