"Wait, what?" Cristina asked confused, but Natalie didn't say anything else to her.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Hey, is the E. R. still a zoo?" Natalie asked Mark when he joined her and Arizona in the gallery. The attendings were watching the residents working together at the O.R. Bailey had planned a Gunther. The Gunther exercise was a team building exercise, which is organised when the residents don't work together well enough. And the chaos down at the O.R. proved how much they needed that exercise.

"No, they got everyone who survived out of the hole a while ago. It's quieted down." Mark replied and sat down next to his wife, giving her a cereal bar to eat. "I know you probably haven't eaten anything, so please." He added and then looked at Callie, who was down at the OR, in case of an emergency. "She got the crossword down there?"

"Sudoku." Arizona replied. "You ever try it?"

"Bores the crap outta me." Mark said.

"Who do you think the Gunther is?" Natalie asked as she ate the cereal, not really able to tell him no.

"What do you mean?"

"Is this your first one?" Arizona questioned. "The name Gunther comes from the doctor, not the patient." She started explaining. "One of the residents always kind of emerges as a leader when they do this. And the first time, it was this little quiet guy named Gunther, and everyone thought he was gonna flame out of the program, but it turns out, he's the alpha dog."

"Great." Mark scoffed. "We know it won't be Avery. He doesn't have any balls."

"Well, Karev's got the balls, but everyone hates him." Arizona said, wanting to support her guy. "So I don't really see them following his lead."

"Bound to be Yang." Mark said and looked at Natalie. "She has the teacher, that's for sure."

"I don't know." Arizona hesitated. "Kepner's kind of a dark horse these days."

"You guys hear yourselves?" Natalie had enough of just listening to them speak, when they had no idea what was going on. "The Gunther is the guy you least expect." She pointed out. "And I'm telling you that guy is Jackson."

"You're only saying this because you want me to mentor him." Mark knew her well enough. 

"Oh, wanna bet?" She challenged. "What, like, 50 bucks? Want more? Bring it."

"My bet includes you naked in the bed with no kids in the house." He whispered in her ear, making her ears heat up.

"Fine" she cleared her throat and composed herself. "But if I win I want 50 bucks."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

And a few moments later, it seemed like Mark was right. Because everyone in the OR was following Cristina's lead. "Looks like Yang's the Gunther." Mark smirked at Natalie. 

"Yep. No surprise." Bailey, who had joined them in the gallery, agreed.

"You should give your student more credit." Mark mocked Natalie, mostly because he was feeling good about himself, that for once he was right and she was wrong. "She took over while everyone else is standing around looking like idiots doing whatever she says. I mean, look at Avery. Useless." He huffed. "Turner, you need to fulfil your part of the bet soon." Mark smirked and gave her a knowing look before he left the OR.