Chapter 62 | media and closure

Start from the beginning

"Ok, I'll tell you when he replies" the tiny snake agreed, going into his holders bag to do so.

Sass and Plagg may as well get their own phones or something because they're always stealing their holders ones to text each other. Luka stopped at the jewellers, and even luckier for him there was barely anyone in there today. So picking up the custom piece he'd had made for Adrien was a rather quick process. He tucked the box safely in his bag, having sass keep it safe since this was a rather precious piece.

When he approached the apartment block, he spotted Adrien up on his balcony, watering the few plants he'd been keeping alive up there.

"Luka!" He called out.

"I'll be up in a second! I'll leave my bike by the front doors!" Luka called back.

The way Adrien always got so exited to see him made Lukas heart skip a beat. It felt so nice to be so loved by someone the same way you love them. Luka was often the strong one in the relationship, Adrien having gone through a lot this year. But small things like Adrien giving him an exited smile made Luka melt inside.

Locking up his bike by the front and heading up the stairs Luka found Adrien had already opened the doors for him so he could walk straight in.

"Hey! Come see my flowers they're in season!" Adrien smiled, grabbing his boyfriends arm and pulling him out onto the balcony.

Sure enough the daffodils he'd planted a while ago in a window box were in full bloom, bright and happy. No doubt that Lilith was the one that taught him how to garden.

"I wasn't sure if they'd bloom since I planted them a bit late but they did! Now when I open the window it smells really nice" Adrien explained.

Luka couldn't help but smile, it made him so happy to see Adrien exited over something.

"What?" He asked.

"You kill me you know that? You're so cute when you're exited. Just as pretty as your flowers" Luka complimented.

Adrien gave him a playful whack on the arm.

"Shut up, you compliment me too much" he blushed.

"Because you deserve it. Now I come baring gifts"

"More?! Luka you don't need to get me things! I should be getting you more things in return. Actually you know what when the rest of my flowers bloom I'll make you a bouquet!"

"You're a florist now are you?" Luka joked.

"Yes, accept my gifts that will eventually bloom" Adrien replied.

"I look forward to it"

Taking his bag off his back and pulling out the box, he held it out for Adrien.

"This is... why I asked about your mum. I figured after having her ripped from you, you'd want to have her with you again" Luka explained.

Adrien took the box pulling at the little bow on it. He'd admit he was curious what Luka was going to do with the ashes. He trusted Luka completely, he literally had the amok ring so clearly Adrien would lay down his life for Luka. But he wasn't sure what he was planning here, all he knew is it was 'something really special'.

When he opened the box, he found a beautiful necklace, on a strong chain with was a heart shaped charm with angel wings, inside it was his share of the ashes. Engraved on the heart was the date of birth and death, underneath it his mothers name. And the other side read 'even in death a mothers love is boundless'.

He knew it would be something special and creative coming from Luka, but he didn't think it'd be this beautiful and thoughtful. How much did this cost? He probably spent a fortune on it.

"Luka..." Adrien muttered.

"The chain is long enough to the charm rests over your heart, and it's reinforced so it won't break" Luka explained.

He wanted to cry, but recently he'd found himself all out of tears from how much he'd cried this year. Pulling his boyfriend into a hug, Adrien held him tightly, thankful for the sweet gift and the closure he could now have about his mother.

"I love you so much, Thank you" Adrien said.

"She loved you more than anyone else Adrien, you deserve to have her with you forever" Luka replied.

Placing a thank you kiss on his lips, when he pulled back he took the necklace from the box and allowed Luka to buckle the clasp at the back for him. Just as he said the heart lay over his own, beating for two.

No one could ever disrespect or hurt his mother again, now that he had her with him forever.