Frowning, Seunghyeon wiggled free and stared up at Kwangsun.

Kwangsun furrowed his brow. "What?"

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Seunghyeon blurted out. "Can't you fill in the blanks? Taeyong-hyung and I did that and then Myungsuk found out and got super mad and I'm an idiot." He dropped his fist against Kwangsun's chest. "Why aren't you saying I told you so or anything?" he said and hit him again.

Kwangsun grabbed Seunghyeon's fist, holding it against his chest. Seunghyeon gasped and his arm tingled from where Kwangsun's hand held his.

Kwangsun squinted his eyes. "Do you really think I would do that?" he asked. When Seunghyeon stayed silent, Kwangsun sighed and loosened his grip. He didn't push Seunghyeon away but didn't commit either. Leaving Seunghyeon in a limbo for him to decide. Seunghyeon didn't pull away. He too stayed in the grey zone.

"You did what you thought was right," Kwangsun continued. "You tried to make a decision for someone but didn't consider that they'd get angry at you."

Pressing his lips together, Seunghyeon repeated the words in his mind as he focused on Kwangsun's fingers tense around his hands, fighting the urge to caress him. Even right now, when it was the two of them and Seunghyeon put himself out there, Kwangsun couldn't close the gap.

Seunghyeon swallowed the lump in his throat and let out a hollow laugh. "Talk about paying it forward," he scoffed, locking his gaze with Kwangsun. "And we based Insoo's behaviour on someone completely different and made bold assumptions and conveniently ignored how real my feelings are," Seunghyeon snapped, glaring at him with all his anger and pain pooled into his eyes.

Kwangsun gulped. "I–" His voice shook and he averted his eyes. "I thought it was the right thing to do. With you being an omega–"

"Oh fuck that." Seunghyeon pulled his hand from Kwangsun's grip and punched Kwangsun's chest. He growled in satisfaction as Kwangsun stumbled back. "My parents are betas. I know what it looks like to love someone without pheromones involved. Seunghyeon shoved Kwangsun back again.

"And pheromones aren't some destiny-defining, instant love, cosmic bullshit!" He yelled, adrenaline buzzing through him. "And when I can paint you as a beta and you paint me as an omega, as we are, how can you act like it's impossible. How dare you paint me looking at you like that when you don't believe that is how I look at you."

"But I just–"

"But what?" Seunghyeon scowled as his vision blurred. "Don't tell me that's the only reason." Seunghyeon's voice cracked. "If you don't like my personality or my looks, that's fine. But please"–Seunghyeon's lip trembled and like a dam, hot tears rolled down his frost-bitten cheeks. His voice trembled between his sobs. "Don't reject me for something I can't control."

Kwangsun reached out and cupped Seunghyeon's cheeks, brushing his thumb against Seunghyeon's blotchy face. "Oh, kitty," He breathed out. "How could I reject a face like this," he said and cracked a smile, catching another tear. "Even when you ugly cry you're still beautiful."

Seunghyeon whimpered, his chest ached. With a whine, Seunghyeon punched Kwangsun's chest weakly before curling his fingers into Kwangsun's sweater. "y-You asshole. You already did," he sobbed out.

Sighing, Kwangsun wrapped his arms around Seunghyeon's waist and pulled him close, closing the gap between them. "I know," he said. "And the moment it left my mouth, I regretted it. I was stupid and scared. I couldn't believe that someone as beautiful, and amazing, and witty, and sarcastic, and grumpy, oh and spoiled–"

Seunghyeon tightened his grip and grumbled. "Talented better be next."

Kwangsun chuckled, and it made Seunghyeon's heart flutter. "And talented. Exceptionally talented," he added as he brushed a strand of hair from Seunghyeon's face. He opened his mouth to continue but paused when Seunghyeon chased after his hand.

As Seunghyeon nuzzled his palm, taking in his warm, gentle touch. No more words were needed. Not when they were in each other's arms. With a quiet purr, Seunghyeon slowly blinked up at Kwangsun.

Kwangsun smiled ever so softly at him, as he took in Seunghyeon's face and let out a sigh, almost in disbelief. "Gods...I love you so much."

Seunghyeon's breath hitched and he snapped his head up, staring at him. "What?"

"I said"–Kwangsun leaned in, pressing their foreheads together–"I love you," he whispered.

Seunghyeon gaped, searching Kwangsun's warm, sweet eyes and all he saw was truth. All the tension in his body melted away and along with it, the cold inside him was replaced with a warm fire. After days and weeks of pain and confusion, three simple words completely undid him.

"I love you too," he breathed out. He grinned as Kwangsun's face broke into a huge smile before laughing. Seunghyeon couldn't help but giggle.

As they gradually got quieter, Kwangsun's breath felt warm against Seunghyeon's skin, crawling its way down his neck. Seunghyeon tentatively licked his bottom lip and flicked his eyes up, meeting Kwangsun's.

He felt Kwangsun's heart pound against his chest in time with his. Hesitantly, Seunghyeon fluttered his eyes closed as he inched closer until Kwangsun's lips were against his. Sparks shot through Seunghyeon's body and his knees buckled.

Kwangsun pulled back and Seunghyeon whined but didn't have enough time to complain before Kwangsun fell back onto the couch, pulling Seughyeon onto his lap. Seunghyeon gasped as Kwangsun placed his hands on Seunghyeon's waist, drawing small circles. "I don't think I can let you go," Kwangsun said, his voice rumbling.

A shudder ran down Seunghyeon's spine and he straddled Kwangsun's hips, reaching out to trace his thumb against the other's jaw. So sharp and tempting. "You better not," he purred as they met halfway. Closing the gap between them for good.