Chapter one

Armani Kimore Richard's

"Take that hoe ass shit off " my daddy said walking into my room. I rolled my eyes and scoffed he need to eat a pussy ass dick.

My phone rung it was my cousin Milan . I rolled my eyes before answering.

"Yes Lani " I said .

She rolled her eyes "girl don't start nah , come outside I'm here " she said .

I grabbed my purse and walked out my room . Our house wasn't big since my momma died and my father was a felon not to many people would hire him so he made ends meet wit this small one bedroom apartment.

He slept on the couch and I slept in the room . We shared a bathroom which I found totally uncomfortable. Why you ask because he's a creep .

Sometimes I can feel him watching me as I showered . It has been times where he's pressed his self unto me and I just didn't like it . It was very unpleasing and most of all disgusting.

"Where you going " he asked .

"To school it's Monday " i said before walking past him only for him to grab my arm .

"I don't like how your talking to me " he complained .

"Your gonna make me late Lawrence " I said .

He let me go then walked to the kitchen . He grabbed his bud light from out the fridge and opened the can . I just sat there watching him .

He stopped in his tracks . "Bitch what you looking at go to school " he yelled .

I walked out of the apartment making sure to slam the door . Fuck HIM .

I walked up Lani 's car getting in seeing she was already high . She looked at me with low red eyes .

"Girl what took you so long . I thought I was gone have to come drag you up outta there " she said .

"Girl Lawrence was having one of his episodes " I said .

She looked at me "if you need to come stay with me I told you my momma don't mind Mani " she expressed .

"Look I just don't wanna be a burden , so I think imma stay here with him " I said.

She rolled her eyes "whatever the offer still stands I will kill him " she said and i laughed.

"I would to " I mumbled.

"What " she said . "Nun" I replied .

We pulled up to Starbucks and ordered our drinks we did this every day before school it was like our lil routine .

"So how are things going with you and Ant " I asked . She rolled her eyes and scoffed "fuck Ant " she replied .

"What no Ant , that was my guy " I raged and she laughed . She nudged my arm "no M be for real me and him are through he toxic " she preached .

"And you are to " I replied .

She laughed "wow is that what you think of me " She said . "Yes " I replied.

She pulled into the school yard and we both got out of her car walking to the cafe to enjoy our food.

"Can I sit with y'all " a shy voice said walking up to us .  I looked at her and smiled while Lani just mugged the girl .

"Excuse me " Lani spat .

"Oh I'm Makari " she said . I looked at Milan and mugged her and then turned back to the girl "sit down don't be scared of this guh " I said .