But, Devora could see past his deceitful grin.

That deep down, Taehyung was caught off guard, too, and so was Jimin.

Of course, they had witnessed Jungkook's serene nature be contaminated with burgeoning aggravation before. Hence, they all had an idea of what to do when it came to bringing him to a secure environment.

That's what best friends did.

That's what brothers did.

"B-but, you saw him. He looks so mad. And it's my fault."

Perhaps if she hadn't been so intoxicated, Jungkook wouldn't have to bear the responsibility of taking care of her. He wouldn't have to watch over her, like a parent.

If she just stayed sober, all of it could have been avoided.

If she were sober, she would have been more alert.

Both Jimin and Tae crossed eyes, looking at each other with ambiguous expressions that a drunk Devora couldn't even begin to depict.

Jimin turned to Devora, slightly hovering over his knees. "No, Dev, Jungkook is not mad at you. He's just worried, that's all."

Taehyung excused himself from their diminutive conversation, getting a peek at things over between his hyungs and Jungkook.

They seemed to be heading back towards Jungkook's car, Jin had his hand on Jungkook's shoulder for solace.

He blinked, discovering that all of them maintained smiles on their expressions.

He exhaled, thankful for his hyungs and their supernatural ability to appease his vexation, looking out for him.

Jimin came back around, standing right next to Taehyung to wait for the other members to show.

"How's Dev?" Taehyung asked once more.

"She says she's fine now, but she keeps blaming herself for what happened." Jimin breathed out heavily through his nostrils. "I don't think she'll understand it until tomorrow morning when she's sober."

The missing members ended up appearing near the car the two were gathered beside.

Jungkook tried to convince Taehyung and Jimin that he was truly alright, he was down back in reality and is cognizant of his once blurred surroundings.

He seemed just fine, as though he had forgotten all about the incident.

But, there was still one thing that lingered in his mind.

"Is Devora okay?" It was a question directed to Jimin and Tae.

"She's startled." Jimin spoke first.

"And she keeps blaming herself for the incident." Taehyung appended Jimin's statement.

Jungkook's wilted shoulders percolated rueful accountability.

A grey despondent cloud was visibly hedging above his body, already beating himself up for speaking to Devora in such a vile tone, like she was some sort of culpable animal.