Chapter 37: A New Begining

Start from the beginning

"It was really nice to see you too. We should have dinner some time. You and the whole family," I tell him.

"That would be great. Have a good day,"

~~~

I got the call yesterday and the plan is a go! I am so excited but I have to tell Lizzie about it now and I don't know how she will react. We have been dating for almost six months now and it had been the best time ever. I hope she will be excited about this. I have a plan to tell her at dinner tonight.

~~~

"What are you staring at me for?" Lizzie asks me before taking a bite of her food.

"You are just so effortlessly beautiful no matter what you are doing. It's incredible," I tell her honestly. I still get butterflies when I look at her.

She starts to blush and I can tell she is trying to hide her smile. It's funny when she tries to hide the happy ness my compliments give her. I'm not sure why she does it but I know she loves them.

"So I have some news to tell you. It's pretty big actually," I say and she pauses eating.

"Good or bad news?" She asks.

"I'll let you decide that,"

"Y/n, you're making me nervous. Just tell me please,"

"Oh sorry. Well... the reason I bought the farm in the first place was to feel closer to my mother after she passed. She always wanted to live on a farm so I guess in a way I was living that dream for her. The problem is, that's not what I want to do anymore and I never really did in the first place other than for my mom," I pause and take a big breath before continuing as she patiently listens to me, maintaining eye contact.

"I went to an old friend of my mothers and he offered to take the farm off my hands so I can try out being a photographer because that is what I have always wanted to do. His son would take over for me after Christmas all the way till the end of April which gives me four months to try out this photographer thing," I explain. She doesn't speak and it is making me even more nervous so I start to babble.

"I know it is a big change and it may not work out but it is something I want to do. I will also be able to go with you wherever you need to travel to for work. Of course that's only if you want me to. Maybe you would want space and that's okay too. I just know when you are gone it feels like forever and it's so empty without you," I express and a small smile grows on her face.

"Y/n... I love this idea so much, but I want to make sure I am not the only reason you are doing this. I know you want to try out photography and I will be so supportive of that, but I just want to make sure that is the main reason, and not me." She says and I grab her hand across the table.

"As much as I love you, you are not the reason I am doing this. Well, just a small part is because of you. I really want to give this a chance. If it doesn't work out... I'll be back on the farm in April,"

"Okay. I think this will be amazing. And about the work stuff. I would love nothing other than for you to come with me everywhere I go because you y/n are mine for the long run. You can't get rid of me even if you try," she jokes making us both laugh.

"I have never even seen any of your photos you know," she tells me and I realize she is right. I rush over to the drawer under the television and take out a small, black photo album. I hand it to her and sit on the chair next to her so I can look too.

"These are a bunch of the photos I have taken of places around here,"

She flips through the pages, taking her time to look at each one and all of the details in them. When Lizzie sees the picture of the sunflower field, she stops and makes eye contact with me. She slowly leans in kissing my lips gently before pulling away and licking her lips.

"What was that for? Not that I'm complaining," I say slightly blushing.

"This is where you took me on one of our dates. I just remembered what we did there and it made me happy. Your photos are amazing by the way. You capture the beauty of nature perfectly in these photos," she tells me and I can't help but smile. I have never shown anyone these photos before and I love how supportive she is.

"Thank you. And I loved that date. We should go there again some time," Lizzie nods and we continue looking through my photography album.

                                            ~~~

As we lay in bed, our arms around each other, I think about what this could mean for Lizzie and I. So many good things can happen and I am glad I get to experience them with her. This could be my big change, a new beginning...
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Something big is going to happen soon!!

This chapter was more a lead up for the next ones but I hope you still enjoyed. See you in the next one!