Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Jamie

I was in the hospital, just a few steps away from the ward, when I heard someone call me. "Jamie" said the voice, within an instant I knew who it was. It was the voice I'd been longing to hear for hours today.

I turn around, my eyes were filling up. my happiness knew no bounds when I saw him in the wheelchair behind me, Calarie pushing him towards me. I kneeled down, and bent forward to hug him. the warmth and love I'd been missing all day. This was probably the best thing that'd happened to me today. "Carlo, I missed you so much."

" I missed you too Jamie" he said, in his soft and deep voice. "I'm gonna call your name a zillion times more. Don't worry about it being the last." He said, and I smiled.

"You're an angel that left my side for a day today, and I lived a nightmare staying awake. I need you by me always."

"I will always be. You are the angel that saved me today, otherwise, I would've suffocated to death, deep down in the soil." He said, holding my hands as I pulled away from him.

"You've always been by my side since we were in school. We've always had each other's backs, be it the heartbreaks I mostly went through to helping me and guiding me in everything I've done so far in life. You're the best friend anyone can ask for, and I just want to thank you for being with me through all this time, and for promising to be with me forever. That's a promise right?" I asked, showing my palm to him.

"It's a promise. No matter where life takes us to, I will always be there for you, because true friends always stick together and never leave each other and we're like brothers now. No matter what obstacles life may throw at us, we will always overcome it all, because two is always better than one. And you plus me equals an unbeatable and unstoppable team." he said, winking his eye. I didn't know when I'd become such a cry baby, the tears were uncontrollably rolling down my cheeks and I was smiling too.

"Hmmm, what about me, you both completely forgot me! I'm your sister guys!" Calarie said, whining.

"She can third wheel us, right Jamie?" Carl said, laughing at her. We all started smiling.

What better time for a hug I thought and pulled both of them for a hug. "Romie, come here, why're you standing there?" Carl said as we all were hugging, smiling and overjoyed. This hug meant so much, it felt so rewarding after all that I'd.... we'd been through today. All these emotions, coming out as tears, fear, anxiety and finally happiness...