Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Carl

I'm tired and feel like I'm drunk, I feeling the world is rotating too fast and that I might fall off. It sounds peculiar and odd but that's what best describes what I'm feeling right now. I rush to the sink and puke a white fluid out along with a small amount of blood. I got worried, this had never happened before and I started panicking again. I know I have a very panicky nature, but certainly not enough to get me sick of some blood disease, I decided to let go of that for now and decided to go to bed, it wasn't even late afternoon but I knew I'd fall asleep the second I touch the bed (which is not too soft though, but that won't concern me now).

I walked to my room to see the sheets messed up, I walk forward and see Romie sleeping in her pink frock, her freckles glistened in the sunlight. I sat near her head and observed her face closely. I always felt something different when she was around. My attention was immediately drawn to the scar on her forehead, almost penetrating into the eyebrow, I looked closely and then my brain started doing what it clearly excelled at. Everything started going blank, I shuddered and my brain started flashing pictures again. I first saw a girl, she was blonde, she was wearing a pink frock, her head was bleeding, she was running towards the beach and I could see it all like a landscape. A sudden sound made all the birds fly, it was a gunshot, directed towards the girl, she plummeted to the ground and a splatter of blood covered my face, all over.

I immediately started rubbing my face, squeezed my eyes shut and tried to come back into reality, by now I knew that my brain was just playing games with me.

I opened my eyes again to see a small girl, about 5 or 6 years of age sleeping on the bed, again in a pink frock, long eyelashes, freckles and no scars. She was smiling and had a cute dimple on her cheek, her curly hair tussled over her face. I quietly wished that I had a sister like her, who'd annoy me, pull my hair and ask for piggy rides. I was visualizing all this and felt overwhelmed. I leaned forward to move the strand of hair from her face. Within a flash, I realized I was sitting by Romie, who so suddenly jerked forward and sat upright that I jumped out of the bed and almost twisted my ankle in doing so. "What in the world are you doing?!?!" she questioned, panting and alarmed. "I'm sorry, I was hallucinating, you know just having a bad day!" I said and turned to walk out. Just then she told me to sit down and I did. "I want to tell you something." she said folding her legs. "Okay, go on."

"I feel so blessed to you know...I don't know how to tell you but I'll try." she said looking down and continued. "I've been through a lot and I didn't know why I am here and I guess its solved now! My purpose!" she said excitedly. I was confused. I didn't know what to respond or where this conversation was leading to. "I'm glad I got to see you!",she said. I was all the more confused now. "What are you talking about, I don't quite understand." I said. "I really wished I... I mean I really wish you could be my elder brother, I'd tell you all my secrets, everything" she whispered in my ear. The stress on the word, 'everything', got me goosebumps, it was like she read my thoughts. She got up and walked to the door. "I've been through a lot in life, and I've been waiting for someone like you to meet me. So, till 24th September, that is the next 5 days, I'll be here every single day and tell you 1 secret about me, by then you'll know everything about me. I'll make it memorable, don't worry." she said and pulled the door. "Hey wait, why are you leaving?" I asked. "I figured you need to rest as I'd want you to be in the best shape when I see you tomorrow. Within these 5 days you'll know everything about me." she said and walked out. I started wondering if something is wrong with me as I don't understand half the things people speak, first Calarie rejecting to to come to the house, then Romie speaking like a philosopher and I'd expect no less from Jamie when he'd arrive. I continued thinking about the long day I'd been having. I quickly looked at today's date, '19th September'. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and dozed off.