Call of Corruption P.1

Start from the beginning

"Ah, there he is!" Yelled Yaoyorozu, stepping out of the elevator and approaching the two. Taeko nervously smiled, wondering if his was senses would warn him of Liliste anymore. Yaoyorozu herself wasn't much taller than Taeko, and her long black hair stayed the same since high school. "I'm glad to see that you made it on such short of notice."

Her display of calamity and friendliness was much different than Liliste's. Taeko nervously shook her hand, no wondering if he was deep into the potential trap. "Oh yeah, it's no worries. I was and the neighborhood and figured it couldn't hurt." He replied, partially telling the truth, as he was still debating over joining.

"I promise this won't waste your time, I know how busy you've been as of late." Replied Yaoyorozu, understanding that Spider-Man couldn't be away for too long. "Please, let's discuss inside my office."

Liliste felt her cheeks grow scarlet, and looked back at Taeko. The latter squinted behind his mask, glaring back the tense woman. He waved at her before following Yaoyorozu, now standing inside of smaller room space. The interior closely resembled the main entrance, but the walls were lined with a mixture of white and gold.

"So, the receptionist seems friendly." Taeko joked, still feeling the chill of Liliste's glare through the walls.

Yaoyorozu sat down behind her desk, slightly obscured by the multiple desktops she had. Taeko stood near the door, trying to figure how to keep his arms without showing her awkwardness. "I'll cut to the chase, I would like to enlist your help for an incoming conflict. The threat that Jikshour and his group provides is far greater than we've had since the Shigeraki incident. I've watched your work, and many of us are impressed with your results. If you join us, I ask that you help us in the upcoming conflict. I can offer you support in your status as a vigilante, by providing hero course training that lasts a few months."

Taeko was taken back, but ultimately surprised by her offer. It almost seemed too good to be true, but he believed most of it regardless. "So, you need my help?" Taeko asked, recalling the gruesome murder of Endeavor. His decision was instantly compelled to answer with yes, not wanting to stand by and ignore the help he could provide.

The name Jikshour was too familiar, having already met the villain once before. Taeko clenched his fist as the thought of Jikshour trying to kill Aeon enraged him. However, there were still more questions he had about joining. "I can help with the Jikshour problem, you don't need to ask. I'm just a little curious as to what strings are attached? Would I have to unmask myself?"

"That was a preferred option since the public and hero committee are still concerned about your intentions." Replied Yaoyorozu, earning a quiet sigh from Taeko.

"That... I'm sorry, but I can't do that." Taeko replied, rubbing the back of his neck. "Not to sound rude, but I have a life outside of the whole hero gig. There are people around me who'd be put in even more danger. If the world...if my enemies knew who I was, then I wouldn't be able to keep them safe."

The main concern for Taeko was his secret identity, and whether or not he'd have to give it up. The life was started to build would crumble down, under the weight of his own secrets. He didn't need to put more targets on Nozomi or Aeon, as Taeko built up a lengthy rogues gallery.

Yaoyorozu pressed her hands together and placed it near her chin. She sat pondering how to proceed with her agency offer, and what the best outcome would be. While she didn't concern herself with the controversy, the people would begin to react differently if a vigilante began to join. However, the threat that they'd be facing soon was far too prevalent to ignore help, especially from a hero like Taeko.

"Then what I can allow, is for you to join as a reserve member, you can attend on call when we need you." Explained Yaoyorozu, having figured out a way to allow Taeko to join under the compromises. "You will still need to take a monthly course on hero training, for the next six months."