05 - the remain survivors

THEY RETRACTED THEIR HANDS BEFORE THE TRAIN MOVED BY ITSELF. A sigh escaped from Sung (Y/n) before both of them sensed the darkness inside the subway being lifted as light flooded in from the window.

Since (Y/n) often rode this vehicle, he could guess that the train arrived at the surface ground section of Line 3 between Apgujeong and Oksu. The [h/c] and black haired men narrowed their sharp eyes at the window upon seeing the Han River and Seoul. The city they lived in back then, wasn't there anymore except the ruins that contrasted with their previous home, along with the dust and smoke.

Sung (Y/n)'s eyes immediately quirked up, witnessing the Han River bridges collapsed as the water was stained with blood that came from the bodies of soldiers. Between the fallen buildings, a monster was trampling on a K1 tank as if it was a toy.

Both of them could feel the subway train stop moving as if it's their final location. Was it wrong if (Y/n) couldn't guess where are they now?

"We are almost halfway past Dongho Bridge" the regressor stated, answering the question for the curious boy in front of him.

Jonghyuk and (Y/n) once again surveyed the scene taking place outside. The ruined Seoul and collapsed building, along with the monsters reminiscent of a giant snake were eating the wreckage of a fighter jet that had crashed into the Han River.

"What the hell is going on......." Sung (Y/n) unconsciously cussed as his lower lip quivered while the other person blankly seeing the current scenario of the city. They were lucky to be inside the train, otherwise they - (Y/n) would suffer just like them.

"That is ichthyosaur, which it's usually being referred as sea serpent." Yoo Jonghyuk pointed his finger towards the monster as the other male quickly took note of.

"Is it worth the worry?"

"No, as long as you're one of the incarnations that participate in certain scenario, it wouldn't attack you-"

"-atleast for now" He added, gaining a negative reaction from (Y/n). As he finished said that, one of the ichthyosaur stared at another subway which was located behind them. "Both of them must have survived, I'm sure." Jonghyuk murmured.

That ichthyosaur circled around the bottom of Dongho Bridge before vanishing into an air bubble.

[The constellation 'Shadow Monarch' is wondering if there are other survivors behind both of you]

"Isn't it obvious? I'm sure that there will be a survivor that passed the first main scenario" (Y/n) answered while looking at the notification above them both. It was simply a question where even kids could answer without hesitation.

[The constellation 'Shadow Monarch' says that he knows.]

"Since you know about it, why don't you tell us what will happen in the future?" This time, there wasn't any reaction from his sponsor constellation. Either he knew about it, or he was getting embarrassed about earlier, but the second theory is definitely not correct.

That means the 'Shadow Monarch' know about something that will shock all of the incarnations, and maybe the constellations too.

"Get ready" Jonghyuk brought (Y/n) back to reality. "We need to check the people in the next cabin"

"HELLO, I AM LEE HYUNSUNG" a friendly voice came from a young man around his 30s. He-or-Lee Hyunsung had a large, bear-like body which was muscular and thickset. Just like his voice, his face could be described as friendly and likable with nice open features.