Ogres Part 1

The sound of clashing swords echoed in the forest. Branches were cut, dirt flew into the air, dust clouds formed, and the occasional drops of blood were spilled. Multiple figures blurred as they fought ferociously, if the damage to the forest was any indicator.

However, it was clear that one side obviously held the advantage. A red-haired ogre clashed with a clothed hobgoblin, quickly deflecting the hobgoblin's sword before forcing him back. A tempest wolf with a golden horn and white and dark blue-ish fur came from behind, jaws wide open poised to bite, only to be quickly knocked aside by a blue haired ogre.

Nearby, a certain short and perverted hobgoblin was screaming in agony, as he laid on the ground, a shallow wound on his chest. In front of him stood an old ogre with a white coat, who proceeded to sheath his sword.

Rimuru, seeing the entire scene with {Universal Perception}, quickly put on his copy of Shizue's mask after taking it out from his {Imaginary Space}. He rushed to the battlefield, and landed in front of Gobta, causing a small crater to form beneath his feat. His platinum-blue hair breezing in the wind, he gazed at the ogres in front of him.

The fighting had paused the moment he arrived. In front of him, grouped up together, were the ogres that would eventually become his comrades in arms.

"Rigur, Ranga, to me."

The clothed hobgoblin, Rigur, and the direwolf, Ranga, immediately fell back to their master. Rimuru immediately tossed them healing potions, healing them instantly.

"Hey, Lord Rimuru, don't I get one too?" asked Gobta, still lying on the ground.

Rimuru proceeded to ignore him.

"Sheesh... he makes such a big deal out of a shallow wound... and this will benefit his growth so..."

"Lord Rimuru, please!"

"..."

Unbeknownst to Gobta, those words hit Rimuru hard. His trauma and pain related to the loss of his family made him want to protect them, but at the same time he wished for them to grow stronger. As such, he was now debating on whether to give in to Gobta's wishes or to just let him moan in pain for a bit, thus increasing his pain resistance.

"GODDAMMIT Gobta!"

Rimuru finally gave in and tossed him a healing potion.

"Thank you so much, tsuu~" said Gobta, with tears in his eyes.

Now fully ignoring the fool, Rimuru eyed the ogres, at least where they were previously.

["Notice. The ogres are now moving to engage master"]

"Ok, this is not how I expected things to go. But at least I don't have to act as naive as before..."

Rimuru proceeded to duck as a mace swung in his direction, courtesy of the purple haired and skinned ogre. He then retreated back as the red haired ogre jumped over his companion, attempting to bisect Rimuru in half.

A wall of blue flames suddenly appeared behind Rimuru, seemingly cutting off his retreat. The red haired ogre pressed forward, swinging his sword towards Rimuru's neck, only to be met with stiff resistance. Rimuru had drawn a tachi from his {Imaginary Space}, and had blocked the strike.

A feint to the left caused the ogre to back away, before a thrust towards the ogre's neck forced the blue haired one to intervene. As two thin swords met Rimuru's tachi, both the mace wielding woman and the red haired ogre pushed, flanking Rimuru on both sides.

Both swung as one, only to miss and nearly hit each other. Ahead of them only lay the now uninjured hobgoblins and a lone direwolf.

Turning around, they were met with the sight of their unconscious blue-haired companion gently sliding down the base of a tree. Their eyes looked slightly upwards, noticing the small crater in said tree. Slowly, they realized what had happened. Instead of retreating, their opponent had pushed forwards, overpowering the blue haired ogre and shoving him into the tree.