Live, for life is full of purpose

Shizue was now lying down on a makeshift bed in one of the tents in the Goblin village. Her eyes were closed, for obvious reasons. She was unconscious, but it wouldn't be long before she woke up.

Sitting by her side was Rimuru, who was currently pensive. He could certainly offer her to save her, letting her stay alive, but what about her regrets? Would she still want to live after everything that has happened to her? Granted, he knew that she lost everything in the fire. She suffered under Leon, but the specifics are unknown to him. Sending in Ifrit without explaining anything probably caused some issues, and he did witness some of her memories in the previous timeline. A little girl was burned by her hand. A friend. But why?

["Master, at the time, Ifrit was a simple being, and reacted to hostility towards Leon. That dog that the girl was holding started to growl at Leon, so Ifrit reacted."]

"That's so messed up. And Leon did nothing, causing Shizue to blame herself and bear another burden, one of many to come. Damn it, I am sooo punching Leon again. Hard."

Rimuru grimaced, before closing his eyes. In the last timeline, he had always regretted not being able to save Shizue, not only from herself, but also from her pain. It was only through death where she had been able to find peace, and later understand what happened through the happy life that Rimuru led.

And that happy life had been destroyed by Ivaraj, Feldway, Zelaneus and Yuuki. Perhaps the Shizue in the last timeline had seen it all. Or perhaps she didn't. It would be better if she didn't, so she could rest in peace. But this time, none of it would ever happen.

"Hey Rimuru, could you restore Ifrit's memories?" asked Veldora. "It's really hard not calling him Charys..."

Rimuru sighed. This annoying brat. Always thinking about himself.

"But that's what makes Veldora Veldora... a selfish annoying brat that is my brother." thought Rimuru while smiling.

"HEY!"

"Got it. Ciel, restore Ifrit's me-actually, can I do it?"

["Master?"]

"Could you teach me a bit on how to do these things. You are my partner, but on the off chance that you are not within my body, I need to learn a few tricks of my own."

["Bu-"]

"I am not trying to diminish your worth, Ciel. You will be my irreplaceable partner forever. It's just... I don't want to constantly ask you to do these things. Besides, remember all the praise I got in the last timeline? I want to genuinely earn at least some of it. If I become the ruler of the world again, I need to be stronger and competent. And if I learn how to do the simple stuff, you can focus on the complex things, right?"

["V-Very well then, Master Rimuru."]

"You sound flattered."

"I am not responding to that..."

"You just did."

"Do you want to learn or not?!"

"Ok ok ok. Sorry."

Ciel then proceeded to send information directly into Rimuru's brain, and Rimuru suddenly understood how to give back memories through the {Soul Corridor}, as easy as activating his skills. Once he was done understanding it all, he quickly restored Charys memories, while Ciel gave him back his power, and a bit more.

This power boost was unknown to Rimuru, but Charys would not be called out for a long period of time, so it would not matter. However, Charys was now a Spirit King, and one of the most powerful ones at that, wielding two elements at once: Storm and Fire. He even wielded an Ultimate Skill, though that's a story for another time.