Goblins Part 2

"Welcome to our humble town..." stated the goblin elder, who would eventually be known as Rigurd. "It seems that you had an offer for us... if you may..."

Rimuru smirked. It was quite nostalgic seeing the beginnings of a town that would eventually become the most advanced city in the world.

"Yes... my offer is that you all become my subordinates. In return, I will protect you."

He was met with silence. It seems that the soon-to-be Rigurd was still just as capable as before. He seems somewhat suspicious, but they don't really have a choice here.

"Why us lowly goblins? Why not the stronger races of the jura forest? You are clearly strong enough to get them to follow you." the goblin elder asked.

Rimuru smirked.

"Quite observant. You see, my philosophy does not agree with the philosophy of "might makes right" that most monster kind follows. What's more, should my influence eventually expand into a nation, you "lowly" goblins will be crucial for it to function, as you are the most numerous, and as such, the goblins within the nation will be necessary for administrative purposes. Ogres, Orcs and Lizardmen are strong, so they would be placed in the army. Not to mention that I have to start somewhere, and truth to be told goblins are the easiest to convince, as shown by your current circumstances."

The goblin elder smiled.

"Well... it's not like we have a choice... and it seems that you are planning many steps ahead. We thank you and we humbly swear our loyalty to you, strong one."

After the goblins swore their loyalty to him, Rimuru quickly eliminated his aura, before heading to the wounded that he had supposedly seen while making his way to the main "building". It was there that he quickly healed the wounded, before instructing the goblins to build fortifications. Night would eventually fall, and he would get the direwolves as his subordinates.

***********************************************************************************************

Night had fallen, and the goblins had finished up their fortifications. Just in time too, as Rimuru could now see direwolves in the distance. He recognized the one that would eventually be known as Ranga, and his father.

["Master. You will need to kill Ranga's father again."]

"I know Ciel... but if Ranga finds out later on... and it will happen... Well, I will deal with that when the time comes."

Steeling his heart, Rimuru prepared to face the direwolves in his slime form.

***********************************************************************************************

"Veldora's protection has disappeared from this forest. We have nothing left to fear."

The leader of the direwolves announced to his pack, then they started their advance, running swiftly towards the goblin village. However, they then stopped. In front of them stood a barebone wooden fence, and a slime standing before its entrance.

"Listen up. Either you all leave right now and nobody gets hurt, or you come at us and die. Your choice." said the slime.

"Insolent wretch. You really think a direwolf would listen to a measly slime? Attack!"

Multiple direwolves started charging towards the fence. However, they were then struck by arrows, courtesy of the goblins, or were slashed by the {Steel Thread} that Rimuru had put out in advance. None died, however, they were just injured.

"By sparing more direwolves, Ranga and his pack will be more powerful in the future. And that will not make that much of a difference, at least until Falmuth attacks... "

["Master, will... Shion's death..."]

"I have no clue Ciel... losing her like that will be painful... but if that doesn't happen, what would change?"

["Calculations have not been completed. It can be inferred that the changes will be tremendous."]

"The unknown... and if I screw up, I'll lose them all at the end again... let's talk about this later Ciel..."

The paranoia and fear of what could happen to his comrades caused Rimuru to be cautious. What caused him to believe that it was best if he stuck as closely as possible to the timeline, only minor changes that Ciel had already determined to be inconsequential.

Rimuru, exiting {Thought Acceleration}, ignored what Ranga's father had to say. The father charged, only to get stuck in {Sticky Thread} that Rimuru had put in place. Rimuru then used a water blade, quickly cutting off the head of the leader of the direwolves.

Silence followed.

"Ciel, protect his soul... just in case. Let's let him watch over Ranga from inside of me. It's the least I can do."

["You are too kind, Master. But that is what sets you apart from others... Success. Individual {Ranga's Father} soul has been saved."]

"Thank you Ciel."

He then turned to the direwolves, and ordered them to serve him. They accepted, and they all settled down in the village to sleep.

***********************************************************************************************

The next day, he told them to live in pairs. Then came the announcement of names, which obviously shocked the direwolves and the goblins.

"But Sir! Will you be okay? Naming all of us at once!"

"Yea Yea don't sweat it!" answered Rimuru.

"Ciel, please limit their evolution to that of the previous timeline, when I first named them."

["Understood."]

"You will be Rigurd, you will be Rigur, you will be Gobta, you will be Gobuzo..."

One massive naming spree later, and all the goblins were named. Rimuru then turned to the direwolves. Specifically, towards their current leader.

"And you will be Ranga!"

Their evolutions quickly followed, gaining strength and power. They became restless, shocked that their master had suffered little to no damage whatsoever.

Rimuru then smiled, before jumping on top of a stump.

"LISTEN UP!" he yelled. "

All of his subordinates turned towards him.

"I will be setting several ground rules for us."

["Master. These rules will have a large role in causing the casualties when the Kingdom of Falmuth decides to attack..."]

"I know Ciel... I know... but it is necessary to keep the timeline as close as possible to the original, so I know what I will be dealing with in the far future. So that they do not interfere early."

["Your current strength is enough to defeat them all, Master."]

"True, but my companions will die if I go all out, thanks to my aura. They need to grow strong on their own accord. They cannot rely on me for everything. Despite being so powerful, I failed them all last time... what's stopping my possible failure this time? They need to be strong, and to be strong, they need to go through... hardship... whether or not I can withstand the pain of their suffering is a whole other matter... "

Rimuru then continued to speak.

" Rule Number 1: No attacking humans. Rule Number 2: No fighting among yourselves. Rule Number 3: No belittling other races."

He then explained why each rule was important. No attacking humans, because it risks conflict with them as a whole. No fighting among yourselves was also evident. Finally, no belittling other races, also known as treating everyone equally. Once he was done explaining, the goblins got to work building more shelters, to little success.

After waiting for 3 days, since in the last timeline he was asleep for 3 days, Rimuru went to Dwargon in search of Kaijin and the rest.