Side Chapter: Headaches

Two men were in an office, one standing, the other sitting. One had dark blond hair, a parsimonious beard and mustache. He wore the outfit of a noble. A brown vest underneath a purple coat. His name was Baron Veryard, a baron of the Blummund Kingdom.

The other had black hair, however, a section of it had turned white. He wore a white collared shirt underneath a red overcoat, which was unbuttoned. His name was Fuze, the Guild Master.

Both wore serious expressions, after all, the topic that they were discussing was of no laughing matter.

The disappearance of the Storm Dragon, and the effects of his disappearance. The conversation had been going on for quite some time now.

"Can you tell me what measures the guild intends to take regarding this matter?" asked Veryard.

"We haven't intended to take any sort of measures." responded Fuze.

"Now why is that?! You are aware of the possible consequences... now that Veldora is gone, monsters will become more active in the region!"

"I know. But the Eastern Empire may also choose to invade, now that Veldora is gone... making moves within the region might incentivize the Empire. I already sent a team of Adventurers to investigate...but...."

Veryard noticed the stress on his childhood friend's face. He questioned Fuze.

"Why are you so stressed? You look even more tired than me."

Fuze sighed.

"There was a sudden spike of power before the disappearance of the Storm Dragon. Many monsters were suddenly shocked, and fled to nearby towns, causing large amounts of damage. Others stayed still. We still don't know why... the most plausible excuse is that the Storm Dragon utilized all of his energy in an attempt to break out, but failed, and somehow disappeared... but if that power was another majin..."

"Then they might be responsible for the disappearance of Veldora. So that's what you were worried about." interrupted Veryard.

Fuze nodded. Then frowned.

"Many adventurers in the area fainted or fled. If it truly is a majin... then it could rival the likes of the current 10 Great Demon Lords..." he continued.

Veryard grimaced.

"Let's hope that your investigation bears fruit, and that whatever caused this doesn't show up anytime soon."