c h a p t e r - 29

"I stare to write about important worldly things, but this life is all I know. So, I write about you, cause there is nothing that captures my attention as you do."

***

Today was the last day of us being here on our trip.

Ah, I'm gonna miss this place.

All of us were gathered in the hall of the hotel and our belongings were already kept in our respective buses.

The football team guys weren't here yet.

They were out talking to the coach's friend and also asking him to make his presence in the football match.

I have no idea how long they will be requesting now.

It's already been almost an hour.

Finally, a group of boys came from the entrance of the hotel inside. Alex was ahead with a blank face and tensed shoulders.

His eyes roamed around as if searching for something until they met mine.

His shoulders relaxed a little as he made his way towards me.

I saw how he seemed to have captured all the attention like always.

Especially of girls.

He was surrounded for a moment by a flock of popular girls but they got away as soon as he glared at them.

And they got the best opportunity to talk to him during the match practices.

Since the cheerleaders of our school have to be everywhere to show their bodies.

Oh god. I'm so mean sometimes.

I hate my brain.

I'm seriously not the one to get jealous of girls staring at him like that since I've grown pretty used to it and his one glare makes them run away.

But lately, my mind keeps running off to dark corners and coming back with reasons for why I'm not enough.

I sighed as he got closer and looked down. He stood in front of me and I looked up not missing his tired gaze.

"Are you alright?" I softly said furrowing my brows.

I slowly took his one and caressed it as he nodded.

I closed my eyes for a brief moment as I hear whispers around us.

Opening them I saw him looking with others as if warning them.

I intertwined our hands and pulled him towards a much quieter place.

He followed whatever I did quietly.

There was a huge window from where clear sunlight hit us.

It was a sunny Tuesday afternoon as the late sunlight glowed in my hair.

As we stood there I didn't look at him instead looked on the ground.

He lifted my chin and forced my eyes to meet his.

"What happened, lil'one?" he said playing with the strands of my hair.

'I'm jealous.' I wanted to say, but I held my tongue.

Instead, I muttered, " Other girls look at you like they want to eat you alive."

He laughed a little at them and I thought how his laugh was enough to make anyone fall in love.

'I hate it. It makes me uncomfortable how they flirt with you and act as if I'm nothing.' I almost blurted out but I held this back too.