𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

A U T U M N ' S  P O V

I walk into the English class and sit in the corner at the back of the room. Gradually, the class starts to fill up and take their seats.

I see that Luke comes into the classroom and he comes and sits into the spare seat next to me.

"Hey, Winter," he says to me with a smile on his face.

"Hi, Luke," I respond, returning the smile.

"So, have you heard of the party happening this Saturday?" He questions, taking out his pencil case.

I shake my head no.

"There's a party, do you maybe wanna come?" He asks.

A party. I don't do well with parties. Too much stuff happens there.

Plus, I don't know anyone and it'll be so awkward with me just standing there the whole time with people staring at me; judging me.

I hate and love wearing revealing clothes too, you get a mixture of stares making you rethink your whole outfit. Speaking of revealing clothes, I don't think my cuts and bruises will heal in time, so that's a no.

"Um, sorry, I have work on Saturday." I lie to him.

"Oh, no biggie. Next time?" He half smiles to me.

"Yeah, sure." Luke then clears his throat.

"Do you know if, um, Maya would maybe go? Can you ask her for me? But I'm asking for a friend by the way," he implies, scratching the back of his neck.

"Sure," I respond to him. I don't miss the huge grin that spreads across his face.

"Thanks, Winter, I'll be sure to let me friend
know."

The teacher finishes explaining the task and she leaves us to it. We have to read and analyse a poem then answer the questions in paragraphs afterwards. Pretty basic stuff.

I put my hand in my pocket to take my pen when I feel a piece of paper. I fish it out and look at it. Grayson's number.

"Oh my god, is that Grayson's number?" Luke whisper yells to me. How does he know?

"Oh, yeah, we have to finish off our art project so I'm assuming we'll text and make arrangements for it." I whisper back.

"You know he doesn't give his number to anyone? But he loves me so I have it, obviously," Luke says as he shrugs his shoulders.

So I've heard. But maybe it's just because I'm new so I wouldn't know is social media's or anything? He hates my guts, so it doesn't make me special that I have his number. I despise him just as much.

"You two at the back, stop talking!" The teacher yells at Luke and I.

"Sorry, miss," Luke says back.

"Aww, Luke sweetie, it's ok! You, next to him, what's your name?" I freeze in embarrassment as the whole class looks at me.

"Autumn."

"Oh please, speak louder, no one can hear you." No need to be rude.

"Autumn." I say, louder.