𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

A U T U M N ' S P O V

Maya ushered me up a flight of stairs and then we arrived to the maths classroom. Finally. These converse are giving me blisters.

"Hey, let's sit here," she remarks, and points to two seats at the back of the classroom. I follow behind her and sit in the seat and put my bag under the desk.

The rest of the kids do the same and sit all around the classroom, filling up the seats. Then, an older woman walks in, who I assume to be the teacher, and goes to the front of the class.

The murmuring throughout the room dies down and everyone pays attention to the teacher.

"Good morning class, I'm Mrs Edwards and I'll be your math teacher. Also, I have a seating plan in register order so can you all get up and stand at the back of the class, then I'll put you in your assigned seats." She says.

The whole class groans and frustratingly gets up to stand at the back of the class. My heart drops.

Oh gosh, who will I have to be next to?

"Oh for fuck sake, she always fucking does this!" Maya exclaims, angrily scraping her chair back, grabbing her bag and standing up.

"God, I do hope no one has a last name beginning with L and you're the only M and I'm the only K, so we get to sit next to each other because I ain't sitting next to anyone else." She says, as we both make our way towards the other students.

"Okay, so, I'll put the seating plan up on the board so just find your names and make sure to sit in the correct seats."

The board turns on and the seating plan is projected and I search to find my name. I see my name and look around in the classroom, making sure to sit in the right seat.

I find the seat where the board matches it up to and I go and sit down. Unfortunately, Maya is a few seats away from me so I'm 100% not knowing who I'm sitting next to. Totally not scared at all.

All the students find their name and sit in their seats. Fortunately, there is a spare seat next to me which means hopefully no one's sitting there. Thank god.

The teacher then starts to hand out maths books for us and when I get mine, I write my name, teachers name and classroom number on it. Mrs Edwards then puts up work on the board for us to get on with. I hate maths.

As the class is getting on with the work, the class door slams open and standing there is an annoyed looking Grayson. Ugh, why does he have to be in this class?

Mrs Edwards gives him and stone cold look and puts her hand out with a book in her hand, not even bothering to look at him.

"You're next to, Autumn." She points to the free seat next to me.

Oh you are joking, aren't you?

Grayson just curses under his breath and grabs the book from her as he makes his way over to the seat next to me.

He pulls out the chair, which squeaks in the process, and slumps on the seat whilst crossing his arms.

Someone's not happy.