20. Fili

Rebekah finally reached the top of the steep hill. She groaned as he rolled on to her back for a brief moment to rest  and catch her breath. Suddenly she heard Dwalin's battle cry in a distance and she quickly got back up on her feet and started running in their direction. As she came closer she noticed Raven hill was surrounded by ruin, it was almost a haunting sight to see the skeleton of once strong and tall buildings.

Raven Hill was surprisingly quiet, too quiet. The only thing she could hear was the whispering wind. Rebekah knew she had to be prepared for an ambush so she carefully Drew her sword and cautiously continued on a narrow stone path. She came to a stop when she saw a large ruin facing the battle field below. "Azog" she whispered with disgust. Suddenly the sound of screams echoed from the ruin, she looked up and spotted Kili fighting along side with a red haired elf.
Kili was surrounded and Rebekah immediately stood back up and rushed for his aid.

She ran up the small hill and was just about to climb the stairs when she noticed something laying in the snow. At first she thought it was a dead orc but as soon as she saw the blond hair peeking threw the thin layer of snow she knew she was mistaken. She exhaled in disbelief and fell to her knees next to the body.

"Fili!" She yelled and rushed over to his side and noticed the large gash on his chest. She started to shaky his body, desperately trying to get even the weakest sign of life but to no avail. She laid her ear agains his chest in hopes of a heartbeat but it was too late. His blood soaked clothes had started to freeze due to the cold temperature. His lips and fingernails had started to fade from his skin color to a light blue shade.

She sighed heavily and placed her arm under his neck and lifted him on to her lap. She gently brushed away the snow from his face and looked into his blue eyes.

"You didn't deserve this faith, you were supposed to live a long and happy life filled with joy and laughter" she cried. "I was looking forward to hearing your stories at the feast" She lifted her head and placed her hand over his eyes and gently closed them.

"I wish I could have saved you, or at least been able to say goodbye" she cried and placed her hand on his pale and cold cheek. She lowered her head and gently kissed his forehead.

"Thank you for being such a good friend" she whispered and tucked a strain of hair behind his ear.

Suddenly the sound of yelling caught her attention. She lifted her head up and saw Thorin run only the frozen river with a orc right behind him. Rebekah looked down at Fili one last time before she stood up and ran towards Thorin and the large orc.

The orc swung his large axe but Thorin crouched down in the last second and dodged the deadly attack. Thorin lifted his sword and cut the orc over his armor. The orc screamed in pain but continued attacking.

Rebekah pulled out her bow and aimed an arrow at the ruthless orc. When her target was set she loosened her grip and the straight arrow flew into the back of the orcs head.

Thorin's eyes left the orc and landed on Rebekah, a loud sigh of relief left his mouth.

"Rebekah" he said in his heavy breath as he dropped his sword on the frozen river. A large smile escaped her lips and she started running towards him.

Thorin opened his tired arms and Rebekah quickly ran into them and wrapped her arms around his back. Thorin placed his hand on the back of her head and pulled her closer to him, breathing heavily into her ear.

"I still can't believe that you're alive" Thorin said happily with a gentle laugh.

Rebekah's smile grew wider and she lifted her head to look into his beautiful icy eyes.

"I love you" she said softly.

A wide smile escaped Thorin's lips and he gently wiped away her tear.

"I love you too Rebekah" he said in a deep and raspy voice before lowering his face to hers and kissed her passionately on her lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck as his hands found her hips.

Suddenly the sound of growling caught their attention. They both broke the kiss and turned their heads and saw two orcs coming their way.

Rebekah pulled out her two throwing knives and threw them both at the orcs. The knives hit the orcs right between their eyes and they fell to the ground in sync. Rebekah got a satisfied smile of her face as the warm running blood formed a large pool around them.

Thorin scoffed and placed his sword back in its holster and glanced over at Rebekah.

"Remind me to never get on your bad side" Thorin scoffed as he pulled out the two knives and handed them back to Rebekah.

"We have to find Kili" Thorin suddenly said and looked up at the tall tower.

"Thorin there is something I need to tell you" Rebekah sighed with a heavy heart.

"Fili.. he's dead" her voice cracked. "I found his body up by the tower" she cried and wiped away a tear running down her face.

"I know" he sighed. "it was..."

Rebekah suddenly noticed movement behind one ruin wall. She glanced over Thorin's shoulder and her heart immediately sank to her stomach when the white demon appeared from the snowy fog.

"Azog" Rebekah whispered in terror. Thorin furrowed his brows as he turned around and immediately spotted Azog's shiny blue eyes at the edge of the river.

Thorin asked and looked with a questionable look at Rebekah.

Thorin immediately took a step closer towards Azog and gently pushed Rebekah behind him with his arm. Shielding her from Azogs fury.

He held a long thick chain with a stone cube attached to it, his demon like eyes looked at the couple and got a smirk on his face.

Thorin narrowed his eyes and started slowly walking towards him. Rebekah quickly grabbed Thorin's arm and pulled him back.

"Thorin no, he's going to kill you" Rebekah said and held a firm grip around his forearm. Thorin turned his head back and looked into her frightened eyes.

"Not if we kill him first" Thorin said with anger.

Rebekah nodded and loosened her grip around Thorin's arm.

"For Fili" Rebekah whispered.