chapter twenty

🐹💭 ៸៸

Dylan and I have been a couple for almost a year, months and years passed quickly, and we were still both together. I took the second chance  because everyone deserves to get that. Dylan never failed me and always made me proud.

All our dreams came true. I was able to publish my new book. Dylan already had a stable photography company, Maxwell's been doing good and basketball and got a lot of recognition. Ava has become the most booked model all around the world, and the two lovebirds, Jayden and Vivian, made their cafe bigger, and it became a tourist attraction also for people, that place is always whole.

All the misunderstandings of the squad have all been okay. We've matured and all.

We have all become more aware of the reality that I always remind them that we are no longer in high school and need to be serious.

Growing up with them was the best experience.

Today is Dylan's photography exhibit. He's been planning it since last year, and I'm very proud. I saw the other pieces that will be displayed as an exhibit and the others I chose myself.

I'm already driving there, and I'm 1 hour early since I wanted to surprise him. I giggled as I imagined what his expression would be.

I called Vivian, and she answered immediately.

"Karina, I'm sorry. The cafe's been crazy. We can't go to Dylan's exhibit today. We're sorry," he shouted from the other line, and I could hear the screams and noise of people from the phone.

"Okay, I'll tell it to him. Don't worry, good luck!" I sighed. I'm still excited for the two of them to go.

I already texted Maxwell and Ava, and they also told me they all have an emergency today, and I can't help but feel sad. I hope they have time for today since it's a big day for Dylan and me.

"Bad day" I pouted and kicked the rock I saw in front of the building—poor rock.

I'm worried for him. He stayed up late for this, and it's a pity because only a few will come. Maybe I'm the only one who arrived since the exhibit is in Korea, and many of his fans are from around the world.

I inhaled and exhaled before I entered the building, the photos were already hanging up beautifully on the wall, and I smiled when I saw the pictures I chose.

As I got farther away, I didn't notice that I was at the very end. I was busy looking and admiring them when suddenly I was surprised when a big door opened in front of me. I almost teared up seeing a picture of me in the frame. It's the most extensive photo inside this exhibit.

I immediately turned my back when I felt and smelled him.

"Hi," he greeted me as he handed me a bouquet of roses.

"What's this about?"

"About our future," he replied as he kneeled. No way!

"Karina, I can't just stand here and wait for more years. I want to spend the rest of my colorful life with you, my love" he took out the box, and there I cried.

A dream of mine had come true again.

"Karina Min, Will you marry me?"

"Yes, Dylan Jeon! I'll marry you" I hugged him immediately as soon as he inserted the ring into my finger.

"I'll be spending my whole life with you, love" he smiled as he kissed my cheeks, still hugging me by my waist.

"You think so?" I asked.

"I know so."