chapter nineteen

🐰💭 ៸៸

Seoul, Korea. 2015

It's prom day; I don't know why I let Karina go on the dance floor even though I know in myself that I can't let her go. Yes, I do like her; actually, I love her. It's hard to keep secrets from her because when she's hurts, I get hurt too.

My parents wanted me to go abroad to study because there are so many reasonable offers for a doctor. I never wanted to take medicine. I wanted to bring art and photography, but I did not have a choice.

"Dylan, Karina's in a coma," Jayden said, which made my heart torn into pieces. I'm at the airport now, and I don't know what to do.

"Mom, Dad. I'll go with you but not now, I'm sorry" I immediately ran out of the airport without hearing my parents' approval, I needed to see her. I

'm sure it's my fault why he had an accident. I made her feel like I never wanted her, but I just wanted to push her away so that it wouldn't be difficult for her and me when I left the country.

I stayed with her for a couple of months. I attended school, but I will go back to the hospital to watch after that.

Karina's mom was the best. I told her not to tell anyone that I was visiting Karina, and she kept it a secret. When the squad visits Karina, I have to wait a few minutes or hours in the comfort room to wait for them to leave.

I even heard Maxwell once crying next to my cubicle by accident. That's when I knew he love her too.

When she woke up, I immediately left and went straight to the airport to go to another country. I can't bear the pain and guilt I'm carrying. I know I don't deserve her. All she did was love me, but I hurt her just to protect us from each other. I'm afraid of what the two of us will end up with.

"I'm willing to lose everything for her" I tapped my head as I drank alcohol.

I've been very grateful to Ava. Lately, she always greets me, and she's the only person who knows what's happening to me. She's also my way to find out what's going on with Karina, and it's all thanks to her. She has apologized to me many times, and I know she regrets everything she did, and I can feel it.

Vivian's been a great friend to not just me but to Karina. She is like our mother in the squad, and I appreciate all her care for Karina, like her sister.

If there is a mother, there is also a father.

Jayden's the same. These lovebirds have been good friends to us. I was just new to the squad and a new member, but they never treated me as the new one but usually treated me nicely. Jayden's my closest friends among them.

Ava is a lowkey type of caring friend, she is beautiful and kind, so I'm sure all the people she will like her back immediately.

On the other hand, Maxwell is a challenging and robust guy that I aspire to be, he's been protecting this squad like a real family, and I'm happy for him.

Karina, Karina's the love of my life. She's the perfect person I've ever known, and I'm delighted I got to know her.

-

Dear Karina,

Have you been well lately? I saw your letters and I felt a lot of mixed emotions. I wish I knew all your feelings. I never knew I was in so much pain, and I wish I could've done better.

Please don't belittle yourself because, for me, you are an angel who came down from heaven to save my life. I want it to end.

You're my most significant possessions, and soon, I'll make you proud.

Love,

Dylan J.